PDA

View Full Version : Brands, Thursday 5th March

JerryXt
23-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Track season is nearly upon us.

I've got a 3-day pass to Portimao (the new place) later this month and I need to get my head around little asbo after his rebuild and also the new (to me) babyR (worth a visit just to hear the sound :D).

What better way to prepare than a quick trip to Brands? Anyone else free? Hottrax, £110. Be really good to catch up, even if you just pop in!

My buddies David and Sean will be coming for support and p*ss-taking.

scrapps
23-02-2009, 05:17 PM
very tempting jerry but i have not touched the ss as i have been busy modding the monnie.
I could run it bog standard again? i will check and see if i can get the time out. (i take it there is space in the inters.novice at a push)

jimbo696
24-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Jerry,
I will definitely be there at least as a spectator........ (sphincter puckering at the thought of doing my first TD)

JerryXt
24-02-2009, 09:50 AM
fantastic! Jim, trackdays are fine - they're not as fast as you think, particularly at Brands.

Scrapps - excellent if you can get down. It's all experience!

jimbo696
24-02-2009, 10:41 AM
I will give them a call and see if they have any spaces in novices? and what the bike and clothing regs are!!!

JerryXt
24-02-2009, 11:29 AM
clothing is a hemet with an ACU gold sticker (unless it's a Ducati Arai RX-7, in which case it's ok anyway), and one-piece leathers or two piece that zip together. And boots and gloves without holes!

Re the bike - either would be perfect. Scrapps has an SS that he uses on the track and it does very well. In fact, David will likely be on his 600SS DD bike. The 696 is no slouch either.

Seriously, novices is not at all daunting. There are always people slower than you and always people who are faster. Sometimes you get idiots, but you get to recognise them and learn to avoid them - you can always pull into the pits and go straight out again if there's a group you're not comfortable with. I just pm'd another member who's thinking of doing one and suggested that doing a day with a 'regular' who's a friendly face from here might not be a bad idea as we would be around to help and offer advice.

Just trundle round and keep consistant - that works for me.

jimbo696
24-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Cheers Jerry, moral support would be most welcome!.
I would use the ss that is what I bought it for... Just need to get the new front tyre sorted.
My mate that I bumped in to today is also going, he would be in inter or advanced I think, as he has a1098...

JerryXt
24-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Have you booked tho! Which tyres are you looking at?

J.P
24-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Times tough in the I.T world then Jerry with three days in Portimao ? That place looks fantastic.

jimbo696
24-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Jerry,
I have a nearly new Dunlop 208 on the rear, so i am getting a Dunlop Qualifier RR that matches the rear...
I spoke to Hottrax, not very helpful!!!! I asked about a sticker on the helmet and leathers etc, she said they don't care, they don't do any scrutinising anyway!!!!!!

edit; 208 on the rear...

JerryXt
24-02-2009, 04:44 PM
indeed - not too bothered, but some organisers are, so worth noting.

JP, Portimao is supposed to be like a big Brands Indy with more ups and downs - one corner is a bit like Laguna Seca. Besides, doing stuff at the Bank to help sort out the mess that the 'investment' bankers made. Clearly stockbrokers are our friends as long as they're not short selling :)