PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 8th march

benson
22-02-2009, 09:50 PM
IF there are no major incidents involving snow, ice, global disaster, I hope to be heading to Fox's Diner for lunch/coffee and general nothingness on the 8th march about 1.30 PM. If anyone wants to play out too the be pleased to see you! It has been rumored that a certain Triumph might be there too!

Pedro
22-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Might just see you there but might be in the car as both bikes are scattered across the garage in rather a large number of pieces!

Ped

SazzaG
23-02-2009, 08:29 AM
We might be able to make it, but also in the car - Rog hasn't quite worked out how to ride with his leg in plaster yet!

singletrack
23-02-2009, 09:14 AM
PLEASE try to make it Sazza x

SazzaG
23-02-2009, 10:48 AM
It's going to be tight to be honest Anne - I've got to do a 16 mile run that morning.

I'll do my best!

benson
25-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Hope to see a few folks that day - trying to persuade my friend Paul to dust off the Tiger - even if it is orange!!! The runs get easier honest Sazza - just keep thinking of beer and curry - that's what kept me going....

Grumpy
25-02-2009, 09:41 PM
will try to make it, although it will be on the guzzi! Monnie in bits.:thumbsdown:

Snips
25-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Interested. Where is Fox's Diner exactly? (or even approximately will do :) )

benson
26-02-2009, 06:31 AM
Be good to see you both - my monster is also a poorly chap - I seem to have no power from standing, well not very much and it backfires and growls a lot and then when it's moving it's fine - might be a useless plug I'm guessing but as I got home in the dark I've not even thought about looking - so I'll be on the Hyper or possibly the Buell...

Fox's is in Dorchester on Thames - terribly nice ride wherever you are and some fine stopping points, tea shops and of course pubs for lunch (not that I'm food motivated AT ALL!!!!!)

Hope we can manage a Great Bentley rde out too soon if the weaher improves - sorry - that was almost certainly the kiss of death for spring!

Ride safe and see you both soon I hope!

Rachel

rollo22
26-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Is it this one Benson

http://www.foxsdiner.com/

Will try to get there this time

Had to help a mate decide on a bike at George Whites is thinking of s/h R6

singletrack
26-02-2009, 05:42 PM
That's the one Rollo

Here's a map:

http://www.boxertrix.com/MeetingPlaces/FoxsDiner.htm

Any more takers for a trip to Fox's?

I'll be coming on the Hypermotard, because i want to :biggrin:

singletrack
26-02-2009, 05:44 PM
It's going to be tight to be honest Anne - I've got to do a 16 mile run that morning.

I'll do my best!

16 mile run?
Bah - I could do that with my eyes closed ( but only if I were dreaming :chuckle:)

You will need a hearty breakfast/lunch to replace all the used energy after that.

rollo22
26-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Must be nice to have a choice

Might have a couple of non monsters in tow

uksurfer
26-02-2009, 05:49 PM
hi, how far is it from southampton?
whats the weather doing??

cheers
martin
________
WASHINGTON DISPENSARIES (http://washington.dispensaries.org/)

singletrack
26-02-2009, 05:58 PM
hi, how far is it from southampton?
whats the weather doing??

cheers
martin

It's about 60 miles from Southampton - that's where I am travelling from. 1 hour 20 along dual carriageways or a bit longer on a nice scenic run.

I am not sure about the weather yet - get in touch next week and we can possibly ride up together.

uksurfer
26-02-2009, 06:04 PM
that sounds good, might struggle to keep up with the hyper though..........
if the weathers good, i might tag along, where in southampton are you from?
________
Jailbroken (http://jailbroken.org/)

benson
26-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Seems we might have ourselves a convoy then! Looking forward to it all - happy riding until then,,,

Grumpy
26-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Anyone else from sufolk/essex going?
How about meeting up and travelling down as a group?

Grumpy
26-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Hi Benson, My monnie's not sick, i'm in the middle of blinging the wee beasty, just miss riding her!!

DavidEJM
28-02-2009, 09:34 PM
I feel like I really ought to be there since it is only round the corner for me!

Sounds like there's going to be quite a turn out......... I hope the weather is kind.

benson
01-03-2009, 08:49 PM
SOunds like we will be a fair few in number - hope the weather is kind!

If I have a new chain on the Hyper I'll be on it - otherwise who knows what I'll be astride (oeerr matron!)

singletrack
01-03-2009, 09:39 PM
I am still trying to persuade my hubby to come along - he's shy though!

benson
05-03-2009, 08:01 AM
I'm sure we can help him overcome any shyness!!! :look:

Meanwhile I have been perusing the weather forecast and it's not good :(- out with the waterproofs methinks. I'm afraid that if it is pouring down I won't be venturing out - I have already grown fins once this week :hissy:, but all being well the sun will be shining!!!
:ukm:

singletrack
05-03-2009, 08:06 AM
I'm sure we can help him overcome any shyness!!! :look:

Meanwhile I have been perusing the weather forecast and it's not good :(- out with the waterproofs methinks. I'm afraid that if it is pouring down I won't be venturing out - I have already grown fins once this week :hissy:, but all being well the sun will be shining!!!
:ukm:

Well let's make a decision by 10.30 on Sunday then - I don't fancy a long ride in the rain with no heated grips.

benson
05-03-2009, 08:22 AM
Good idea Anne - I will be out with my seaweed at 9.30 and divining rods....

Meanwhile off on the most bizarre loan bike ever - my Buell is in for a service and I've got a 1200 Harley- - arghhhhhhhhh!!!! Feel and look rather like a monkey I believe, the world's hardest seat and most bizarre experience of cornering EVER....:on:

singletrack
05-03-2009, 08:39 AM
LOL - I look forward to seeing you in leather cap and chaps on Sunday then :rolleyes:

benson
05-03-2009, 10:26 AM
NO NO NO!! Say nothing of the sort!!! actually, I do have some brown nu buck styleee leather trousers that could be slightly Harley-esque - best not to think of it!

Meanwhile the Hyper AND the monster are being collected to go to Rosso Corse this afternoon - off to rob a bank!!!

uksurfer
05-03-2009, 07:47 PM
hi,
i not looked at weather yet, i'll look on here at 10.30 sunday and see what happens....
it would be good to put names to faces, i never met anyone from here before :spin:
Is anyone else coming from down south?
I'll pm you my mobile number singletrack
cheers

martin
________
Zx14 Vs Hayabusa (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_bike_is_quicker_kawasaki_zx_-14_or_suzuki_hayabusa)

singletrack
05-03-2009, 08:22 PM
hi,
i not looked at weather yet, i'll look on here at 10.30 sunday and see what happens....
it would be good to put names to faces, i never met anyone from here before :spin:
Is anyone else coming from down south?
I'll pm you my mobile number singletrack
cheers

martin

Cheers martin

hubby and I should be leaving about 11.45 weather permitting.
Let me know where you live and we can arrange a meeting point ( I'm in Chilworth)

DavidEJM
05-03-2009, 08:51 PM
I'll try to give a weather report on Sunday am, since Foxes is only a couple of miles from me.

uksurfer
05-03-2009, 08:54 PM
hi singletrack,
i am down in holbury near hythe, i dont know the area very well!
I think chilworths near rownhams/baddesley?
Are you planning on going straight up A34 or cross country route?
Have you got any ideas of meeting place
cheers
martin
________
Extreme q vaporizer (http://extremevaporizer.info)

benson
05-03-2009, 10:14 PM
That'd be good!

At this rate I'll be on a Harley as both Ducatis are now at Rosso Corse!!!

I'll be the one in chaps on the 1200 sportster - SAY NOTHING!!!!!:pedro:

singletrack
06-03-2009, 08:21 AM
hi singletrack,
i am down in holbury near hythe, i dont know the area very well!
I think chilworths near rownhams/baddesley?
Are you planning on going straight up A34 or cross country route?
Have you got any ideas of meeting place
cheers
martin

Hi Martin - Chilworth is near Baddesley and Rownhams.
Ower services is prob a good place to meet - I'll Pm you before Sunday.
anne

uksurfer
06-03-2009, 08:15 PM
hi Anne
that sounds good, i know where that is!
cheers
martin
________
VAPORITE NET SOLO (http://vaporizers.net)

singletrack
07-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Anyone else up for a rideout to fox'x diner?

I'll be leaving Ower services at 11.45 tomorrow ( Sunday 8th March) for a pootle up to wherever it is.

uksurfer I've pm'd you my mob no.

uksurfer
07-03-2009, 03:31 PM
hi Anne, you got pm
i'll see you there weather permitting, do you know the whereabouts of where we going?
Do we need a map?
cheers martin
________
Atnsocke (http://screplays.com)

singletrack
07-03-2009, 04:37 PM
hi Anne, you got pm
i'll see you there weather permitting, do you know the whereabouts of where we going?
Do we need a map?
cheers martin

i think I can find it - will bring a map just in case.
Anne

DavidEJM
08-03-2009, 07:53 AM
Well it is 8:50, the sun is shining and the sky is blue.

The local forcast (BBC) seem to be saying that there are stormy/snowy showers expected so I'd bring your waterproofs!

I'll try to get online to give a report later inthe morning.

benson
08-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Heavy rain shower expected about midday according to the met office!

I'll be on my way, about 10 via Brackley on the A43 to look at the Halvarssens all weather kit - might be a sensible purchase too!!!

All being well see folks there - I'll be on the Buell as the Ducatis are both in the shop :look:

singletrack
08-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Heavy rain shower expected about midday according to the met office!

I'll be on my way, about 10 via Brackley on the A43 to look at the Halvarssens all weather kit - might be a sensible purchase too!!!

All being well see folks there - I'll be on the Buell as the Ducatis are both in the shop :look:

No chaps and studded leather then?
Sunny here, rain forecast but I will probably come anyway as long as you are going. Think I've got your mob no.
Anne x

benson
08-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Be good to see you!

I'll PM you my mobile number just in case...

singletrack
08-03-2009, 10:10 AM
uiksurfer and I are leaving Ower at 11.45

See you at Fox's

singletrack
08-03-2009, 04:13 PM
I have just got back and thawed out!

It was good to see 3 Monsters, a Guzzi a Buell and a Hypermotard.
Award for most miles travelled goes to Grumpy, who also gets the award for most stupid ( coming in leathers with no waterproofs!).

I hope you didn't get blown away on the way home - we nearly took off a few times on the A34 it was so windy!

rollo22
08-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Nice to meet you all,
Got sand blasted for about 10 mins in hail shower north of Oxford
Why did i bother to wash it yesterday
Took about 10/15 mins to thaw out.

benson
08-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Hi All and thanks for your company - it was reeally good to see both old and new faces - meant in the best possible taste of course!

Indeed, Grumpy gets most miles travelled though my detour via Brackley for an essential purchase took my total for the day to 212 - hurrah! I have just run an huge bubble bath and am going to defrost slowly...

Thanks to all for making an otherwise very wet, windy and cold Sunday into a day with a smile!

Take care and ride safe all, see you soon

Benson

uksurfer
08-03-2009, 05:57 PM
good to see you all there, (especially the Buell) , hope everyone got home safe, good to put faces to names, maybe next time some more sun
many thanks to singletrack for leading the way,
bike had a quick wash and put back into its nice warm garage

safe riding
martin
________
Free 250 Gas Gift Cards (http://bestfreegiftcard.com/250-gas-gift-cards/)

DavidEJM
08-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Good to meet you all and glad you're all home safe.

David

Grumpy
08-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Singletrack, you are obviously a big softy riding in full artic gear, when all we had was a light shower!!!lol
My uncle use to work for the met office, and admited to me that the short term forcast they mis forcast about 70% of the it, obvoiusly today was a 30% day!
315miles door to door (via rollos for a bacon sandwich).Arrived home at 6pm.
1hr in the bath to thaw out, and a blown rocker cover gasket on the griso.:grump:
Think of me at 4am driving up to Scotland!!!:biggrin:

Good to meet some old and new faces.

benson
08-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Safe trip to the finest country James - have a great time and hope to see you again soon!
xxx