PDA

View Full Version : Ventura available for 696

MrsJel
22-02-2009, 07:22 PM
For anyone interested, have found out that the ventura system is now available for the 696.

Unfortunately, have also found out that if I want to get the system for the 696, I shall have to start all over again instead of being able to re-use the racks. (I thought I'd be able to just order the fixing brackets, but that's not the case apparently)

So, although the ventura is brilliant for touring, I've cancelled the order!

If I hear more about whether other racks can still be used I'll let you know. If not, does anyone want to buy a big rack & sports rack for the S2r 800?

Carole

Barthog
23-02-2009, 06:18 PM
hi Carole,
I ordered the kit from my dealer a couple of weeks ago should be here soon.
The day i ordered they realised their web site was giving the fixing brackets away foc.
Pity i didnt order the day before.
You mention you have to start again isnt it just the Brackets that have to be replaced?
What do you think of the kit? does it hold up well in the weather?
ordered the grab rail as the missus cannot reach the grab points along with the large bag.
Andy

MrsJel
23-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Andy
It'll probably be about 3 weeks - I was told on Friday that the kit is still in New Zealand so hasn't got here yet!

Also, I thought as you did that it was just the brackets, but I've been told that I need to buy a new rack to go with the new bracket.

As for being useful - brilliant. Easy to take stuff on and off the bike and the bag just sits there with no fear of falling off. Just a shame Ventura seem to want me to spend another £70!

Carole

MrsJel
08-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Bit of a turn-up - the S2R racks fit on the 696 brackets.

Ventura told me they'd sit too high - but I really can't tell.

Carole

sadbiker
09-04-2009, 06:16 AM
Depending on the bikes frame, the spacing of the holes for the rack to sit on varies across all bikes..

Its costa me a lot of money over the years...