PDA

View Full Version : Ducati factory holidays

LisaW
18-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi all

Does anyone know when the Ducati shuts down for it's summer hols. We are hoping to go down sometime in August but want to make sure it is open. I can't seem to find any info on the website.

Thanks

Lisa

darko
18-02-2009, 09:42 AM
3 of my suppliers are Italian and they shut for the whole of August (lucky bas....)

slob
18-02-2009, 10:10 AM
It can be near impossible to get parts during August. Drop them an email.

Catspoon
18-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Funny sort of holiday Lisa, working in a factory....... ;)

STIVH
18-02-2009, 10:54 AM
I am paying them a visit with my Paso in July so if you can wait I'll let you know the exact dates however if you email the factory direct they will get back to you although normally it takes them anything upto 5 weeks to do it.:twak:

jimbo696
18-02-2009, 11:43 AM
I was told there were no visits in August....

J.P
18-02-2009, 12:05 PM
You do also know that it'll be as hot as 35 degrees that time of year right ?
Makes for some very warm journey's :)

cairojay
18-02-2009, 12:31 PM
http://www.ducati.com/company/trovaci/bycar.jhtml this gives some basic info but no specific dates

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/?country=13 - this is the Italian Holiday calendar for 09 - you can customise the views to show different public holidays

LisaW
18-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Well I like to keep busy you know. Probably a good way of meeting the locals and getting into their culture. I wonder if it will be mainly men that work there.......

Lisa

rossifumi
18-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Make sure you make a reservation first...i turned up a couple of years ago and they would't let us in without one.
Have booked a tour for June when we are over for world superbikes at Misano......

Ducati Museum and Factory are open for guided tours only upon reservation:

From Monday to Friday: first tour at 11.00am - second tour 4.00pm
Saturday: the Museum is open from 9.30am to 1.00pm. Museum guided tours are available only upon reservation. Factory visits are reserved only to Official Ducati Club (DOC) with advance booking.
Sunday: closed
Costs: Entrance and visits are free of charge.

Languages: Tours are in Italian and English.

Closed during Eastern vacations, summer break, Chistmas vacations and on all Italian public or bank holidays.

It is strictly forbidden to use cameras inside the factory whereas it is allowed in the museum.

We regret that access to the factory for minors (14 years old or less) is not possible unless accompanied by an adult.

TOUR RESERVATION:
Click HERE to fill out the form and wait for confirmation or
Tel. +39(0)51 6413343 - Monday through Friday 10.00am - 11.00am and 2.00pm - 4.00pm

Pomp1
18-02-2009, 03:29 PM
pretty sure my countryfellows will be on holiday all August (lucky them..), I would guess from Sat. 1st and back to work on monday 31st.

rudders
20-02-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm on holiday around the Italian Lakes in June and fancy a visit to the Ducati Factory.

Does anyone know how the reservation system works? I take it as a punter you can rock up and see the Museum but an actual guided tours of the factory is only available to Official Ducati Club (DOC) crew. Is a Museum visit only still worth it? How involved in a DOC do you need to be to see the factory?

Also is there a shop to buy Performance Parts for Monsters at the factory or anywhere in Bologna?

Sorry to take this off topic.

manwithredbike
20-02-2009, 10:19 PM
if you're doin the factory tour, bring your log book or model no etc and you can meet the team who built your monster, usually about 3 - 4 people

Smicker
20-02-2009, 11:45 PM
I'm on holiday around the Italian Lakes in June and fancy a visit to the Ducati Factory.

Does anyone know how the reservation system works? I take it as a punter you can rock up and see the Museum but an actual guided tours of the factory is only available to Official Ducati Club (DOC) crew. Is a Museum visit only still worth it? How involved in a DOC do you need to be to see the factory?

Also is there a shop to buy Performance Parts for Monsters at the factory or anywhere in Bologna?

Sorry to take this off topic.

I visited the factory last May with some friends. Go onto ducati.com and click on "Museum/Factory Visits" & that will take you through the process. We finished off our factory tour with a trip around the museum. There is a small shop in the museum for bits'n'pieces only - no performance parts.

I don't think you can just drop past & get into the museum - best to arrange it all formally. I needed to show the print of the e-mail confirmation from Ducati before I was admitted to the tour. Overall, it's a simple process and well worth it. Enjoy (we did).

gary tompkins
21-02-2009, 06:37 PM
if you're doin the factory tour, bring your log book or model no etc and you can meet the team who built your monster, usually about 3 - 4 people

Good chance to discuss the duff neutral light, oil pressure switch, relays, rear m/cyl, misting clocks,
flakey engine paint etc... :rolleyes: