PDA

View Full Version : It was so good I had to share

hydromonkey
16-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Hi All

Well at long last we finally had a dry clear weekend here on the NI north coast so on managed to get a proper run on my s2r as the weather has been cack since getting it in November. All I can say is words cannot describe the joy of a Ducati on the A2 coast road between Portrush and Ballycastle (if you are planning a trip to the NW200 this road is a must. Though traffic at that time of year can be a pain.)

The sound of the bike, the crisp winter air and the reaction of both drivers and pedestrians as I went past all add up to provide a better ride than I have ever had on previous bikes. Best of all the biking season has not even started properly.

That is all

Smicker
20-02-2009, 11:55 PM
...well, looks like your new DP de-cat pipe has been a success. Enjoy.

hydromonkey
21-02-2009, 08:42 AM
Yeah it has made a big difference in the sound of the bike and a slight increase in power. As for any problems with surging or snatchyness at low speed, I have yet to experience any of these symptoms. One thing I have noticed is that on a number of occasions there has been a pop through the exhaust on down shifts, which to be honest I can live with :thumbsup:

(sorry for not updating the other thread, I have been too lazy to try to find it :look:)

Grumpy
21-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Couple of years ago Sarah & I where in Ireland to visit her relatives, whilst there we visited the Giants Causeway. Afterwards we drive along the coast road to Carrickferrus.
Nowonder the coast is an area of outstanding beauty, enjoyable road (even in a car) stunning views,broken up by small towns with harbours/beaches. Would love to travel along it by bike one day.

Smicker
07-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Back on the de-cat thing - I've got an 2006 S2R800 - has anyone got any experience of the de-cat pipe made by Termi (BR Special Tuning site)?

It's aboout the same price as the DP one but it's stainless steel (I believe the DP one is mild steel).

Thanks.