PDA

View Full Version : Gloucestershire Region; Still out there?

pike
13-02-2009, 07:27 AM
Hi and just got back into the forum after a few years break...Don't seem to be any activity in the Gloucs area..I think it used to be a guy called Duncan with the Red Bull Monster?

Think they use to meet in Stroud/Thrupp? I see a few Bath members seem to latch onto Wiltshire. I'm in East Bristol so either fine for me:thumbsup:

cairojay
13-02-2009, 07:46 AM
I'm in South Bristol and you're right we don't seem to be the busiest of areas. Ironic considering Italia Day
Welcome back!

giler
13-02-2009, 08:25 AM
More than welcome to "latch onto" us Moonrakers.

JR
13-02-2009, 09:04 AM
The pub is no more alas.
Duncan used to organise lots of events, but more often than not only me and him used to turn up so we just do our own thing along with DOC and Ducatisti members. We have meetings at the Golden Heart Winterbourne on the first monday of every month, and in the south of the area they have a meeting at the Castle of Comfort (not sure what day). Richard and Sean from Ducatisti, along with Duncan meet up at the Golden Heart to liase with the Italian car club and the Bristol city council in preparation for the Italian day. During summer on a regular basis we ride up the Wyre Valley in the evening to join the Wyre Valley Ducati owners club. Summer also has the WSM Thursday bikers meets.
As an aside - Duncan has been in hospital for the past week (non bike related) - i am sure those of you who know him would want to wish him a speedy recovery.
Sean and Richard will no doubt be along at some point to add a few comments, but you can also find the Bristol Ducati group on facebook.

pike
13-02-2009, 09:19 AM
The pub is no more alas.
Duncan used to organise lots of events, but more often than not only me and him used to turn up so we just do our own thing along with DOC and Ducatisti members. We have meetings at the Golden Heart Winterbourne on the first monday of every month, and in the south of the area they have a meeting at the Castle of Comfort (not sure what day). Richard and Sean from Ducatisti, along with Duncan meet up at the Golden Heart to liase with the Italian car club and the Bristol city council in preparation for the Italian day. During summer on a regular basis we ride up the Wyre Valley in the evening to join the Wyre Valley Ducati owners club. Summer also has the WSM Thursday bikers meets.
As an aside - Duncan has been in hospital for the past week (non bike related) - i am sure those of you who know him would want to wish him a speedy recovery.
Sean and Richard will no doubt be along at some point to add a few comments, but you can also find the Bristol Ducati group on facebook.

Sorry to hear about Duncan and hope he gets well soon:)

Ill have to tag onto something in the near future.

Glad to know you're all still out there:thumbsup: