PDA

View Full Version : front fairing respray - how much and where?

Scootaboy
09-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Hi All,

I bought a cheap front fairing (flyscreen) off ebay and wondered how much it should cost to get it resprayed? (it has some stone chips)

I've been quoted £150 by one place which is 3 quarters the cost of buying it new - anyone know how much this should cost and where I could get it done? (London/essex if possible)

Cheers in advance!

NattyBoy
09-02-2009, 03:53 PM
1 colour ? £60ish i'd say..

Scootaboy
09-02-2009, 03:57 PM
cheers yeah just the standard red.

Dont suppose you know anywhere that'd do it at that price?

Also I have no brackets to fit to the bike or to fit the screen to the fairing - anyone know what I'd need?

Thanks again

STIVH
09-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Looking at the price of repaints nowadays I am seriously thinking of getting back into this game again.

Personally I reckon you should be looking at about £60.00 to £95.00 top wack, try your local repair centre maybe ask one of the workers there for a price of a "foreigner"

It's a really small job and quick n easy especially if you do the prep and feather the chipped edges down and the cash in hand in the these troubled times will be snapped up.

NattyBoy
09-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Paint is a very emotive subject. Ive had friends pay top dollar and get a very average result.

All my paint is done by my mate Del at DW automotive down here in the south west. He paints a lot of ducati stuff (some of the custom metalflake stuff he has done is amazing) and also restores cars / airburshes hot rods and all sorts ! Hes a one man band and very reasonable.

Because hes usually painting a selection of panels he is more than likely going to have the paint and this will help on cost.

Give him a shout on 07876593199/01225 428861 - tell him nat sent you and he'll look after you !

slob
09-02-2009, 06:36 PM
The guys that Tec-moto used to use when Mitch ran it...
Essex County Choppers, I think, did a top job on a headlight shell for me and they should be in your neck of the woods.
I left them my front mudguard and they matched the colour perfectly.

http://www.essexcountychopper.com/gallery.php?id=21&gid=7&page=1

johnsy
09-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Hi i had fairing, tank, front mudguard, bottom fairing(and fixed) rear seat cowl and tea tray, all sprayed black, he fitted it in with another job, 200 quid. 1st rate job as well

Scootaboy
09-02-2009, 09:01 PM
The guys that Tec-moto used to use when Mitch ran it...
Essex County Choppers, I think, did a top job on a headlight shell for me and they should be in your neck of the woods.
I left them my front mudguard and they matched the colour perfectly.

http://www.essexcountychopper.com/gallery.php?id=21&gid=7&page=1

cheers, though for some reason theyve moved to norfolk outside norwich!?!? they need a name change methinks :) some amazing bikes on their website though, may email to see how much they'd charge if I sent it in.

thanks all for your replies and if you got any more suggestions then let me know!

Half Pint
10-02-2009, 10:54 AM
there is a bracket kit for the early fairing on fleabay at the moment, although not the cheapest.... i'll try and find ther link later.

Scootaboy
13-02-2009, 07:56 PM
spoke to rosso corse about the fairing respray - they said they think it should cost no more than £50 (what I thought when I bought it) and that they can get the brackets...so when I got some money, I'll sort it through them.

very impressed by their service - both times I've been there they've been good as gold, they definately know how to treat their customers

gremlin
13-02-2009, 08:23 PM
as someone mentioned earlier just go to a local spray shop and ask the sprayer if he does private work. bearing in mind modern paints aint cheap, i'd expect about 40 quid to be about right.

Mr G

Catspoon
16-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Shameless hijack - I have to get the whole lot on my 750SS done, with decals (the lesser seen type with just the Ducati script down the sides). The parts are all okay, tank is solid and dent-free too which is a blessing, but a couple of cracks here and there on the fairings so they'll need some time prepping even beyond the main work I've already done on them to remove stone chips, stickers - the fairings had twelve aftermarket ones plastered on each side, ridiculous :worried: - and it's in yellow too!

I was told about a place in Brierley Hill/Netherton way but can't remember the name of the place. A friend had his CBR done there when his got hit by a leaf spring kicked up from the road and clouted the fairing pretty hard. Bang-on match, with decals, £150.