PDA

View Full Version : If you want to sell your bike....

jimbo696
09-02-2009, 09:27 AM
I was in Ducati Ashford on Sat and there were 2 lots of guys from Europe trying to buy bikes. They were from Holland and Germany and both had late model Ducs in their vans that they had bought in the UK. The Dutch guy bought my Multi from Ashford on Sat.....

I have had an email from him asking me if I know of any Ducs for sale...

I have no affiliation with him and only met him briefly but he seemed like a good bloke....

If they are willing to pay dealer prices you should get a good price for your bike..

Ducmon
09-02-2009, 09:36 AM
This is a common practice because Ducati´s are lot more expensive here in Germany. I bought my 600 last summer in Britain for 1200 and she has a value of over 3000 now after getting her registered in Germany.

Nickj
09-02-2009, 09:48 AM
It's cheaper to buy most everything here from Europe at the moment given the value of the Euro.
It's also much easier and cheaper to re-register.

Insanely a new KTM is massively cheaper in the UK than in Austria ... go figure !!

jimbo696
09-02-2009, 10:34 AM
The tables have certainly turned, it wasn't that long a go we were going to Europe to buy cars etc because they were cheaper...

Grumpy
09-02-2009, 08:11 PM
there's an article in this months bike magazine about the fact that the gray import market has 'turned around' . Due to the cost of superbikes in europe ,compared with Britain, more and more bikes are being exported to europe by dealers, gray exports are the life line of more and more dealers.