PDA

View Full Version : Oops Clarkson in the news

desmo
06-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Ok he might not be everyones cup of tea but I reckon he pretty much got it spot on with his comments about the PM

he said Gordon Brown is useless one eyed Scottish idiot & a liar.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion in this country & as far as I am concerned he was only expressing his, or has that now been banned by New Labour as well!!!

jimbo696
06-02-2009, 02:49 PM
I agree with the sentiments, perhaps if he had not mentioned Scottish or the 'one eye' thing, he would have got away with it...
Where will PC end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnsy
06-02-2009, 03:09 PM
We used to believe in free speach, i still do, i dont care if you want to talk about sex, politics, religion, we all have a view. Why has England forgot this, haven't we gone to war with countries because of simular things, no free speach. Ahhh i can feel my blood boiling...

Rogerg
06-02-2009, 03:29 PM
he said Gordon Brown is useless one eyed Scottish idiot & a liar.

Lets break it down and see when and if he went wrong:

Gordon Brown is:

1. Useless - correct, see economy etc
2. one eyed - correct
3. Scottish - correct
4. idiot - correct see 1.
5. liar - correct he is a politician all politicians are liars

dangerous times....

mad_turnips
06-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Go ... Clarkson for PM

Stafford
06-02-2009, 04:20 PM
He forgot to mention unelected

Kato
06-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Hmmm now let me see? what he should have added is that our unelected supposed premier is a neurotic, dysfunctional mediocrity; an insecure Stalinist who worships power but cannot take a decision; a moral and political coward who tries to fill the vacuum at the heart of his leadership with blustering rhetoric and adolescent bullying.” quite simply he is a TWAT

jimbo696
06-02-2009, 04:51 PM
I liked his previous 'lorry driver' gaff....... " change, gear, change, gear, change, gear, change gear, murder a prostitute" I would not have been offended by that remark if I was a lorry driver or a prostitute...

DavidEJM
06-02-2009, 05:44 PM
I know the bike world rarely like Clarkson due to his previously reported opinions on bikers, but seriously this just shows why he's a national treasure. He just speaks his mind and doesn't mind. It is a mad PC world out there if people can't honestly voice their opinions!

johnsy
06-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Just a thought, since Scotland doesn't want to be ruled by us, it now has it's own Parlament, so why should England be ruled by a Scot...

LouSCannon
06-02-2009, 06:36 PM
I know the bike world rarely like Clarkson due to his previously reported opinions on bikers, but seriously this just shows why he's a national treasure. He just speaks his mind and doesn't mind. It is a mad PC world out there if people can't honestly voice their opinions!

Totally agree. Said it before, personally I love Clarkson, but whether or not you agree with his views you know exactly where you stand with him!

ricky
06-02-2009, 06:55 PM
i can see this being the straw that breaks the camels back!!! no way are people going to let jeremy get sacked or in trouble over this. its like the workers going on strike because of foreigners gettin OUR jobs! now wat everyone has been thinking will be said.... at long bloody last!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: COMMON SENSE WILL AT LAST PREVAIL!!!

Grumpy
06-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Clarkson for prime minister!!
Why don't we start a Clarkson appreciation society!
I think he's a blast with his approach to life etc, i've bought the books and the DVD's they make me laugh.:chuckle:

Mand
06-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Some people really don't like to hear the truth do they?

shame on them!

Pedro
06-02-2009, 07:49 PM
I thought he was spot on....

Robot
06-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Lets break it down and see when and if he went wrong:

Gordon Brown is:

1. Useless - correct, see economy etc
2. one eyed - correct
3. Scottish - correct
4. idiot - correct see 1.
5. liar - correct he is a politician all politicians are liars

dangerous times....

6.A Slimey W*nker

pike
06-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Agree in the main with the comments raised here. Plus Clarkson hates Golf!

Could you imagine if he was Premier. Cheaper Fuel, cheap booze, Road Tax would be spent on Roads and I'm sure many more reasons that you clever peeps can think of out there!

StevieB
06-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Clarkson only said what the rest of us are thinking . The disgraceful thing was that he was forced to apologise for the truth !!!

Political correctness gone mad ..

gremlin
06-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Bet he gets more grief than Ross. Appararently the Queen had Gollywogs in her gift shop but has had to remove them in case somebody was offended after the fuss with Carole Thatcher the other day. A leading black human rights guru said it wasn't offensive and people are making things worse by making a fuss. No doubt Clarkson will be reprimanded for racism after calling him a one eyed Scot, but that's what he is there's no other way to describe him apart from to$$er. loser, waste of fresh air, conniving, lying barsteward.

Scootaboy
06-02-2009, 10:01 PM
I like clarkson and for all his failings think brown could be worse...but really, are there actually people on this earth who want a spineless twat to be our prime minister and represent us around the world?!?!?!!?

All politicians are liars, we have no choice in this country for some reason and the system is a mess.

The thing that really gets me is that we pay these conmen bucketloads of cash to run the country, yet if a tory/liberal/etc politician comes up with a good policy its automatically out of bounds for another party to use - WHY?!?!?!!?!!?!?!?!!? We are paying ALL of them to serve us, yet all they do is serve themselves and try to get one over each other in these so called debates - they act worse than kids, its obscene....

And back to the thread, I thought it was a light hearted comment and too much has been made of it, same as with ross and brand

jimbo696
07-02-2009, 08:50 AM
PC has gone too far... There are now even discussions about whether comedians should be allowed to tell any jokes that could offend someone!!!!!!!!!!!!

pike
07-02-2009, 09:50 AM
PC has gone too far... There are now even discussions about whether comedians should be allowed to tell any jokes that could offend someone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah...we can't offend people by telling jokes about them but we can invade their country and kill innocent women and children eh;) No offence though.

Pomp1
07-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Does the government realize that people are actually taking Clarkson side? Are they asking themselves why?

gremlin
07-02-2009, 03:38 PM
I doubt it, they never listen, you only have to look at what happens when people get up petitions to stop something it's totally ignored. A classic near us at the moment, they're proposing to put up a new village between us and Norwich, they've started work on it before the public debate has occurred, nobody wants it but it's happening.
They've expanded the next village to us by about 1000 houses but there's no infrastructure to support it, the doctors are tearing their hair out because they've got probably twice as many patients but the same sized surgery, you now can't get a normal appointment for two weeks as opposed to the same day or the next, the school hasn't any more room, the bus service hasn't changed to accomodate more people so there are more cars on the road. The new village will have around 4000 houses I think but I don't think there will be a surgery or school which means our doctors and school will be totally overwhelmed.
Nobody voted for Brown, half his party weren't too keen on him but hey he was promised the job so sod everyone else.

Catspoon
07-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Don't forget the BBC wouldn't dare sack Clarkson. His programmes make them a very tidy sum of money. Get rid of him and they would be trying to fill a significant hole in their revenues as well as see their motoring flagship go down the toilet with him popping back up on C4 to rob their audience.

In many ways he is a thorn in the side of the BBC. But as long as he is a cash cow and pulls in the viewers the rest of the Islington mob just quietly mutter into their skinny latte. Long may it continue as well.

Paranoid Dave
07-02-2009, 06:31 PM
I had to laugh, as I left work today I saw the paper,..

"Sorry for calling him scottish and one eyed, but he IS an idiot!"

Doesn't it seem odd that he's apologising for the two actual FACTS in his comment, but his opinion (correct as it may be) is the bit he doesn't need to apologise for.
Quality.

Gordon Brown
07-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Noooww then. I've heard that every red blooded Englishman and woman agree with this outdated Neo-Chauvinist Tory, but you know thing have never been better for the country. We've centralised services properly and look how good things are. The economy has been pushed slightly off course by the global financial issues, compounded by years of Tory financial mismanagement, but we're in a good position to benefit, thanks to the pound being weakened.

I am loved thoughout the country and the intelligent people of Britain will see sense and elect the victorious Broon, sorry, labour party at the next election. In 2050.

THEN MrKato of Molesey, you'll see the true value of power.

DavidEJM
07-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Noooww then. I've heard that every red blooded Englishman and woman agree with this outdated Neo-Chauvinist Tory, but you know thing have never been better for the country. We've centralised services properly and look how good things are. The economy has been pushed slightly off course by the global financial issues, compounded by years of Tory financial mismanagement, but we're in a good position to benefit, thanks to the pound being weakened.

I am loved thoughout the country and the intelligent people of Britain will see sense and elect the victorious Broon, sorry, labour party at the next election. In 2050.

THEN MrKato of Molesey, you'll see the true value of power.

priceless! :chuckle:

jerry
08-02-2009, 08:14 PM
The PC brigade have made speaking the truth a punishable offence , Clarkson is spot on BBBRRROOOON is One Eyed , Scottish and an Idiot and his good eye and his ears dont work propely either .He cannot see whart he has done to Britain and he hears nothing but his own mind.

Kiwi
08-02-2009, 08:38 PM
exactly why is everybody talking about this and giving clarkson free publicity

every 6 months or so he lets slip with some clanger to get his name in the news

(except this time the clanger was right on the nail)