PDA

View Full Version : Random Question About My TV

Shandy
02-02-2009, 06:25 PM
I know this is a bit of an odd question but hopefully someone might know the answer to this.

I have a second hand TV I bought off a mate for £50 a couple of years ago and it has a little niggle of a problem, the internal speakers don't work, my mate remembered turning them off a while back but can't remember how. Now just in case you wondered I’ve not been sat here for two years trying to lip read and read subtitles for everything I’ve got it plumbed into me stereo for surround sound stuff.

But, you know how things really niggle at you; well this is one of them for me.......lol

The TV's a Toshiba model number 32ZD98B, has anyone got one of these that can help, I’ve tried every combination on the remote etc............am I being special and missing something really simple??

Any help is much appreciated mainly for my sanity!!

Cheers,

Shandy

LouSCannon
02-02-2009, 06:39 PM
http://tesc.toshiba.co.uk/Web/Website.nsf/ContentFrameSet?OpenFrameset

Try looking there for a user manual, if you can't find your exact TV model try one cloase and it might be a similar operation.

Trent
02-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Saw a post on the internet from someone else that had the same problem, but there was no answer.

Another post said:
"You may also want to check that the switch on the rear of the TV (if your set has one) for turning off the speakers to be sure that it is switched to internal speakers"

Someone esle said:
"Try moving the switch on the rear of the set from "EXT" to "INT""

Sounds like you need to look for a switch at the back of the TV... :thumbsup:

NewMon
02-02-2009, 10:42 PM
My advice: Forget 'em. You've already got the sound coming out of way better speakers. Next job: upgrade to the full surround (if you are watching films on DVDs etc.)

Steve'o'M900
03-02-2009, 06:48 AM
Andy stop being a tight ass and catch up with the rest of the world. Take several grand out of Nickys wedding budget (tell her to down grade the dress to a Primark peg number). Then treat ya self to a 50 or 60 inch LCD Samsung, chuck in the 7:1 surround sound, then down to DFS for a reclining sofa!!! JOB DONE!!! oh yeah drop the 50 quid tele in the bin, i think its recycling day Friday!!! Recession, what recession?

cairojay
03-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Andy stop being a tight ass and catch up with the rest of the world. Take several grand out of Nickys wedding budget (tell her to down grade the dress to a Primark peg number). Then treat ya self to a 50 or 60 inch LCD Samsung, chuck in the 7:1 surround sound, then down to DFS for a reclining sofa!!! JOB DONE!!! oh yeah drop the 50 quid tele in the bin, i think its recycling day Friday!!! Recession, what recession?

This makes so much sense.....Watching MOTO Gp, WSB and BSB on 40" flatscreen LCD with surround sound with the sub turned up changed my world forever. Anyone who saw the montage of WSB on Eurosport to ACDC's Thunderstruck will understand.

giler
03-02-2009, 10:02 AM

Maybe the speakers need to be back on to drown out all the wedding talk:chuckle:

Pedro
03-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Serves ya right for being a pikey git and buying a cheapo TV....

manwithredbike
04-02-2009, 08:05 AM
press the 'mute' button

Shandy
04-02-2009, 08:18 AM

Maybe the speakers need to be back on to drown out all the wedding talk:chuckle:

Wedding what wedding ya cheeky bastids............lol

press the 'mute' button

Luckily i had tried that or i could have looked really silly............he he..........

And the switch on the back does bugger all???

Ah well best forget about it!!

barbican
04-02-2009, 08:44 AM
I've got a yamaha 5.1 amp that you could have if you've got some speakers you could wire to it