PDA

View Full Version : clip ons, below above yokes

johnsy
01-02-2009, 06:44 PM
My clip ons arrived this weekend and i pick my forks up Monday. Now i'm wondering where the clip ons should fit, do you push the forks through the top yokes for them or are they fitted below the top yokes :fou:

slob
01-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Depends on how much rise they have, also how you want the bike to handle and how much pain your neck/shoulders can take.

johnsy
01-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Depends on how much rise they have, also how you want the bike to handle and how much pain your neck/shoulders can take.

Ahh, hardly any rise half inch i'd guess at. I know dropping and raising the forks will change the handling, i dont want to spoil that. So it seems i need to try both, i don't feel happy dropping the yokes through enough for the clip ons to fit..

Pomp1
01-02-2009, 10:25 PM
I've raised my forks about 1cm. and it cured the understeer coming out of the corner,and I've mounted the clip on top,remember to adjust the steering angle via the two allen/nuts accordingly, or they may foul the tank.,and you don't want that if it's freshly painted

Dave G
02-02-2009, 08:26 AM
Mine went beneath the top yoke with no problems.
They are low but not as extreme as any sportsbike, as while the bars are now low,so is the seat.

johnsy
02-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Cheers lads, i'll suck it and see then under or on top who knows. Roll on Friday when my frame's back and the rebuild starts

giler
03-02-2009, 08:20 AM
I went below the yokes because I didn't want to alter the handling.
Mine are adjustable, so you can alter in directions - love em.