PDA

View Full Version : Short boots?

bigredduke
01-02-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm dreaming about the really hot Summer we are going to get this year (or perhaps this g & t is hallucinogenic).:drunk: Anyway, I think I would like to get some short boots, maybe in conjunction with some kevlar-lined jeans for warmer days, shorter rides (to work for example) or days when I am going to be walking around quite a lot. Sidi's are a bit uncomfortable when off the bike for any length of time. Any thoughts?

LVC
01-02-2009, 04:56 PM
I bought some Alpinestars short boots and some RedRoute kevlar jeans last summer - excellent, comfy and makes life "off the bike" so much more pleasurable and much less squeaky than my Sidis.

The boots do not offer the same level of protection but certainly more than the flip-flops or trainers worn by some :dizzy:

Nickj
01-02-2009, 05:03 PM
I like a good optimist !!

Got myself some of these quite a while ago http://www.hoodjeans.co.uk/html/army_green.html . They do feel reassuringly thick to wear the only draw back is that you can't fit armour into them.

Snips
01-02-2009, 05:49 PM
I wear Dainese short boots, and they seem fine. Plenty of ankle support, and I feel safe.

TCar153
01-02-2009, 09:02 PM
what about sidis streetburners? love mine and prefer to my vertigos.. mostly.

Pedro
01-02-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm dreaming about the really hot Summer we are going to get this year (or perhaps this g & t is hallucinogenic).:drunk: Anyway, I think I would like to get some short boots, maybe in conjunction with some kevlar-lined jeans for warmer days, shorter rides (to work for example) or days when I am going to be walking around quite a lot. Sidi's are a bit uncomfortable when off the bike for any length of time. Any thoughts?

Hi BRD

I tend to wear Draggin Jeans during the summer over my regular boots (Sidis) - I kinda like the better shin and ankle protection they offer over the shorter boots.

What ever you do though, never ever tuck your jeans into your boots, it's very wrong....:ymca:

Phatty
01-02-2009, 09:59 PM
no probs with my sidis, I can wear them all day. in fact i have done many times, when forgetting to take my shoes to work and had to keep the boots on...

buzzbomb
02-02-2009, 08:07 AM
I've got daytona short boots which are really well made but i can't seem to get on with them and was thinking about a pair of the dainese short boots as they look very comfortable.
Pedro how do you find the draggin jeans ?

jimbo696
02-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Like Pedro, I have Draggin jeans and I wear my A'star boots. Although i know the Draggins are supposed to be safe, I never feel safe... I think you can fit armour to the Draggins..

Seb_uk
02-02-2009, 12:27 PM
I have some Puma flat 2 boots. Over two years later and 16000 miles + of riding thay still have plenty of life in them. Very comfortable for everyday use (I dont particularly like high boots myself) and also very warm as they are Goretex. The only gripe is they do tend to leak water down the top in the rain, but hey they are short boots after all!

bigredduke
02-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Personally, I rather like these (in black)
http://www.one11mx.com/shop/index.php?target=categories&category_id=203

Mand
02-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Personally, I rather like these (in black)
http://www.one11mx.com/shop/index.php?target=categories&category_id=203

You like em? You buy em!