PDA

View Full Version : 696 Fender extender

Banus
01-02-2009, 08:26 AM
Hi All,

Does anyone have a front fender extender fitted to their 696 or have any knowledge or where to acquire one?
Picking up a 696 on 1st March and have recently read a few threads where the front pot plays up in the wet and, as I'm off to see the NW200 in Northern Ireland could do with going with a bit of protection.

jimbo696
01-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Banus, tis me(jim) from the other side;).... I am calling Pyramid to see if they have one, i have already asked on here....

Banus
01-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Jimbo696 - well hello there :-) - I'm not being unfaithful - really:rolleyes:
As I'd drawn a blank on the "other site" - Thought I'd dip my rod and try my luck here. I'm sure we'll sort it eventually - when someone realizes there's a gap in the market. Suppose the problem is that it's such a new model it takes time for the add ons to get manufactured and marketed.
Cheers matey

jimbo696
01-02-2009, 02:01 PM
I have recently started posting here as it is always useful to have a different group of people to seek advice from...

Banus
03-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Absolutely - that's exactly why I thought I'd try it - not so easy to navigate around though:look: - but I suppose its a case of getting used to it - anyway back over to the other side now ot see if there's anything new on the 696 section. Saw your post on the fender extender there........

Banus
08-07-2010, 09:41 PM
As you can see this has been going on a bit.

So......has anyone managed to locate a front fender extender to save the grit blasting all the paint off my engine?

StuartJames
08-07-2010, 10:42 PM
As you can see this has been going on a bit.

So......has anyone managed to locate a front fender extender to save the grit blasting all the paint off my engine?

I had a front fender from an M600 (I think) put on mine at Christmas, stops everything from hitting the engine and fits perfectly.

Swapped it back to the normal 696 one when the weather got better.

Well worth it if you can find one second hand.