PDA

View Full Version : Bar Risers?

Scootaboy
29-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Hi,

Just been wondering lately about bar risers as someone (jimbo696?) mentioned them in another thread.

One problem I have usually on my commute home is a really aching neck (especially if the traffic is bad, which it is on the way home) and I wondered if bar risers would fix it? I'm 6 foot tall so would these help me and my riding position?

Also are they easy to fit/expensive? (I'd probably get rossa corse to fit them) and do they change the appearance much? Anyone got any experiences with them and any pics to show me?

All opinions welcome!

Thanks in advance

BluprintZ
29-01-2009, 11:18 PM
Well, i'm fitting risers on my bike, along with drag-bars.
Similar reason, found myself having to sit up and give my shoulders a rest, whist in motion.
Ii'm also interested to hear if anyone else has fitted them and what's the verdict?

G.

buzzbomb
30-01-2009, 12:58 PM
I've used bar risers on a s4rs and they are very simple to fit but they have since been replaced with rizoma bars which to me is a much better way of doing it as the rizoma bars when measured from the ground where 1/4 inch higher than the stock bars with risers.
Rizoma bars come in colours and i personally think they make a nice touch especially when you carry the chosen colour through to other accessories.

gremlin
30-01-2009, 04:16 PM
I had mine made by Roy at billetbikebits, he did a really nice job. He's angled them back by around 2" so I don't have quite the reach over the tank. It's made no end of difference for me. Roy's happy to do one offs to your design too and he's cheaper than most.

Blind Alan
30-01-2009, 07:17 PM
I changed my bars to renthals, made all the difference. :thumbsup:

dunlop0_1
30-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Renthal's and risers.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q289/dunlop0_1/IM001375.jpg

gremlin
30-01-2009, 09:31 PM
renthals made my arms too far apart, i couldnt pull away at right hand junctions as the reach was too far even with risers and kept dropping the bike, it also felt wierd riding with my arms way out

Scootaboy
30-01-2009, 10:16 PM
cheers for the replies, I think I'll just go for the basic risers to begin with and go from there...now the 6 million dollar question, where do I get them from :)

gremlin
30-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Think Roys are neater although I've got a custom clamp top bit this could be changed to suit. Mine were anodised when we rebuilt the bike but they are normally chrome, although I think Clive may be anodising stuff for Roy in the future so you could have black, red, blue or gold as they're the colours he has at the moment.

BluprintZ
31-01-2009, 12:58 AM
cheers for the replies, I think I'll just go for the basic risers to begin with and go from there...now the 6 million dollar question, where do I get them from :)

I did a quick search and found these:

http://www.motorcycle-road-and-race.co.uk/catalog/motorcycle-handlebar-risers-ducati.php

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUCATI-MONSTER-620-695-750-900-BAR-HANDLEBAR-RISERS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35610QQihZ022QQi temZ350143108010QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I got mine from a forum member, i'm sure you should be able to find some a bit cheaper if you do a search on the net.

G. :thumbsup: