PDA

View Full Version : A must watch on BBC 2

bigredduke
24-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Just watched '1929 - the Great Crash' on BBC2. A superb documentary with lots of archive footage. The parallels with the current situation are absolutely extraordinary and disturbing. Even if you have little interest in such things, I really recommend it! It should appear on iplayer in the next couple of days, it may well be repeated on TV at some stage. Brilliant!

Yorkie
24-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Its on i-player already! I will watch it later!

Yorkie.

jimbo696
25-01-2009, 09:20 AM
I didn't want to watch it as it is too depressing .... and I knew the bl**dy stupid TV people would draw conclusions to the current situation; thus fuelling more mass hysteria!!!!

Didge
25-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Just watched '1929 - the Great Crash' on BBC2. A superb documentary with lots of archive footage. The parallels with the current situation are absolutely extraordinary and disturbing. Even if you have little interest in such things, I really recommend it! It should appear on iplayer in the next couple of days, it may well be repeated on TV at some stage. Brilliant!

Cheers for that bigred. I don't watch TV, but I do watch the odd interesting prog on Iplayer, and historical events are usually worth watching.
Ta!:thumbsup:

seby
25-01-2009, 12:23 PM
hi Rob
i was able to came back to UK after a very long journey
sorry if i didn't came there and collect the shirts