PDA

View Full Version : 696 New DP LED Mirrors

Barthog
11-01-2009, 05:55 AM
Just fitted a set of New-design rear-view mirrors incorporate LED(SKU code 97011006B)
Not as straightforward as expected,
The fittings are 10m so had to replace my 8m with a pair of u clamps from a 695.
Which are a exact fit, same dimensions bar the thread 10m needed for the mirror fitting.
The wiring kit comes with bullet connections so i used the excisting wiring on the indicator just crimped on a bullet so easy to reverse.
The original indicators have a small allen bolt holding them on leaves a small oval hole thinking of fitting reflector to cover and give more visability to side view
Look pretty cool they have a small corner of the indicators which comes round the side so it shows the indicator working also extra reminder to cancel when not needed!
One of the reasons for fitting is the HID headlight i fitted is so bright it masks the original indicators
Will put a pic up soon,and will advise how good or bad they are on the road.

jimbo696
11-01-2009, 09:02 AM
Where did you get the HID headlight? or is it a bulb replacement?

Barthog
11-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Hi Jim,
Just do a search for HID and you will see my prev Post.
Everything there for you.
Any question bounce it back.

jimbo696
11-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks mate... Probably a bit too complex fitting for a Luddite like me... I might try and get a Xenon bulb replacement???

Barthog
11-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Once you have the headlight off to swap bulbs half the batle is over,Taking the tank panels off is a learning curve for future work like fittting battery leads for chargers etc.
Honestly it is pretty easy.
if you need any help ask

jimbo696
12-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Thanks Barthog.........

Barthog
21-01-2009, 05:37 AM
Very happy no vibe problems
and give pretty good view whats behind

buzzbomb
21-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Barthog i've fitted the same mirrors on a HM and a S4RS with on problems with either the fitment or with vibes when out on the road and the wiring was straight forward plus the rear veiw is much clearer(you can actually tell the difference between Plod and Mr Whippy)

MON
12-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Barthog,
Have you any hints/tips on removing the headlight as I'm considering changing my indicators for the mini ones.

Barthog
12-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Mon,
pretty basic job to remove,
small socket wrench to remove nuts at back of light(low down) put full lock on to reach either side.
Headlight is held in place by 2 lugs fitted into a rubber bung.
basic description like a coat hanger on a rail just wiggle pushing up it slips off easily.
Put a cloth on the mudguard to protect it as the wires connected will hold it there.
You can then undo the single nut and replace the indicator ether side.
Depending what you fit you might need to crimp on a bullet or spade connector.
Hope this helps.