PDA

View Full Version : Acewell wiring

Pomp1
09-01-2009, 01:45 PM
hi, a question for the more electrically minded out there..I've bought a ace2852 a while back and I'm now fitting it,most of it is sorted but I'm having problems with the red(Switch key) and brown(Clock power)wires.
Does the red should be connected on the key switch live output?(i.e.the cable that comes live when ignition on,the one that goes to the light switch or the one that goes to the general relay)
regarding the brown one can I just hook that up to the + at the battery terminal or you recommend to put an in-line fuse,with say,15 amp,?
I have attached wiring diagrams for the speedo,my bike and a picture of the starter relay.I've also marked the starter relay on the diagram and I was thinking to wire the brown cable were it splits between starter relay and fuse box(circled by the battery).
Hope you can help me.

stef
09-01-2009, 02:08 PM
i did wire the same acewell to my bike a while back, from memory, every single wire i connected was already present in the dash (apart from the speed sensor).
I didn't wire anything to the battery directly.
use a multimeter, and check your voltages.
the neutral siwtch had to be inverted though. (switching to ground rather than +12V, or the other way round)
I plan to rewire it on my new bike, so i might get back to you if you arent sorted out by then.