PDA

View Full Version : 696 in Kent...

jimbo696
09-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Hi everyone,
I have been around on another Ducati forum for a while but have just bought a 696.
I have come back to bikes about 5 years ago and have owned a ST4, anda a Multistrada; I now have a 696 and a 750ss(plus a BMW, but don't tell anyone!)...
I liev near Canterbury in Kent and often am out for a ride so hopefully will meet up with any other 'locals'.
Happy New Year, I look forward to being on the forum.
Jim.

J.P
09-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Hi there Jim. You're a lucky man because the Kent group of one of the more regular bunch of riders to meet up. Scrapps is over in Herne Bay and loads spread around North Kent.
We are often out for rides and have a monthly get together the second Sunday of the month at the Oakdene Cafe near Wrotham near Brands Hatch. The monthly meet is this Sunday actually if you'd like to come along ? We normally get there around 10.am for a bit of brekkie and a chat and dependant on the weather a bit of a ride.

jimbo696
09-01-2009, 09:53 AM
JP,
Thanks for that. I will be there if the weather is ok, can't get the 696 wet yet, it doesn't seem right!:o
Hopefuuly scrapps will be up for a ride to the Oakdene?

CK & AK
09-01-2009, 10:31 AM
'ello Jim - glad to see you got here eventually! :)

The Kent bunch are a right nice lot of people

C:)

jimbo696
09-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Aah a familiar face, well name anyway... Hope to actually meet up one day soon?

CK & AK
09-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Aah a familiar face, well name anyway... Hope to actually meet up one day soon?

No doubt mate - maybe when its not so icy we can meet at the Box Hill meet? :)

C

jimbo696
09-01-2009, 11:34 AM
I used to get to Boxhill a lot, but now it is definitely a spring or summer venue for me, it's a 70 mile each way trip. So, as soon as the thaw comes I'll see you there..........

nik_the_brief
09-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Hi from another Kentie -

I live down in Hythe. Although I ride my Monnie on pretty much a daily basis I don't get as involved in the Kent UKMOC scene as I'd like to (well certainly last year anyway) coz I have so many other commitments but if you see a 'well used' old red 900 around Canterbury with high level SS Sil motos and a rider in black (underneathe the dirt and roadsalt) it's likely to be me - especially if it's hovering round the Longport Nick coz I often have to visit punters there. So give us a wave if ya see me and I'll try and wave back without falling off.

I also go to Canterbury's most Thursday evenings to Kingsmead pool but usually take the car coz it's not possible to carry all my diving kit on the bike (in fact it only just fits in the car boot!).

I can vouch that the Kent brigade are a great bunch of people and very knowledgable about Monsters and most bike related things. The rideouts are great too - especially when ice cream is involved. The best part of a dozen Monsters rumbling down Whitstable High street with the exhaust notes bouncing off the buildings has to be heard to be believed! That reminds me, I must get out more this summer. :idea:

jimbo696
09-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Nik,
Hopefully I will never need your services!!!
Do you ever get up to Hs on a Wed night?

nik_the_brief
09-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Nik,
Hopefully I will never need your services!!!
Do you ever get up to Hs on a Wed night?

Not unless you're seekign asylum or a foreign national who has pissed off the Govt as I'm working in immigration law at present!

Not been up to H's yet (should do - it's almost on my doorstep). Maybe another one for the warmer weather.

No doubt we'll meet up either there or Oakdene sometime soon though.

scrapps
09-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Hello jimbo.
Yep i am normaly up for a spin to the cafe and lots of other events,696 a nice choice and also the 750ss. I have a 900ie and a 750ss for trackdays and also as spare road bike. the monnie is being rebiult over the next few months so i am riding the ss for now.
drop me a pm if your going to the cafe or for a run... i am going to the cafe this sunday but by car as i have stuff to take.

jimbo696
09-01-2009, 01:42 PM
scrapps,
Look fwd to seeing you on Sunday, I hope the weather is decent...

scrapps
09-01-2009, 01:52 PM
I am in the car so weather not a problem. i am busting to get out on a bike soon as not riden for a few weeks given the weather :grump:

jimbo696
09-01-2009, 02:34 PM
I have managed to get out a few times this week, but only when the roads are not frozen and treacherous... I don't mind the cold, but I hate the spray and cr*p from the roads that messes up the bike...

gary tompkins
10-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi Jim,

Welcome to UKMOC

Hope to see you at the cafe in the morning ;)