PDA

View Full Version : Auto Italia Festival Bristol 25th April 2009

NattyBoy
09-01-2009, 08:45 AM
This years event is on 25th April and if you havent been before its not to be missed ! Plus its the day after my birthday

Basically a lovely old part of Bristol (st nicholas market) is closed off and smothered with exotic italian marques of the 4 and 2 wheeled variety and pedestrianised. Twice a day there is a 'start your engines' moment where every vehicle gives it some berries - sounds amazing !

Anyway heres the details, I'm sure the Bristol section will organise a meet place and ride in nearer the time but it would be good if you could register your interest here.

Details form the organisers;

Bristol Italian Auto Moto Festival
Saturday 25th April 2009
Moto Guzzi to be the Featured Marque

Once again there will be wide ranging displays of Italian cars and bikes of all marques and ages to set the city streets alive with Italian chic and design flair. This time we have chosen Moto Guzzi to be the featured marque. Why not make a note in your diary to come on down and take part in the best free Italian vehicle festival in the country? The Bike Zone will again be organised by the Ducati Owners Club, Bristol Branch. Any enquiries specific to the bikes should be made to:-
Duncan Spokes ds007h4281@blueyonder.co.uk
and Sean Good sean_good04@yahoo.co.uk

Italian bikes ridden to the show will not need a formal entry but if brought in a van or on a trailer with tow car, the transporter vehicle must be booked in so that parking space can be planned (with full name, address, phone & mobile numbers and vehicle details make & reg. no.) to: biamf@ourhemanpal.co.uk or 0117 947 5814.

Those unfamiliar with the Festival might be interested in viewing:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=a5DwvVBNzGo&mode=related&search=

http://www.velocetoday.com/archives/583

http://velocetoday.com/events/events_139.php

http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/556

If anyone requires further information please contact the above.

Yours faithfully,

Paul G Hanmore
BIAMF Organiser

CK & AK
09-01-2009, 09:00 AM
We went last year - it was a right hoot :D

bigredduke
09-01-2009, 09:43 AM
One of the most enjoyable days of last year, thanks to Stafford who lent me his S2R for the day!:ukm:

Shandy
09-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Its in the diary mate, hopefully i can make it this year, it was good two years ago!!!!

Cheers,

Shandy

Steve'o'M900
09-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Its in the diary mate, hopefully i can make it this year, it was good two years ago!!!!

Cheers,

Shandy

I'm up for that Nat/Shandy. Might ask for my prize seeing as they gave it away last time!

forresterone
09-01-2009, 09:00 PM
I 'll be interested in going to that

Nonnie
09-01-2009, 11:30 PM
I do believe I am off to a wedding that day! Except they're UKMOC members so they might be tempted to change venue!

Grumpy
10-01-2009, 08:58 PM
lready been offered digs for the event by Stafford and i'm hoping to turn up, will probably use the Griso as it's Guzzi themed

giler
12-01-2009, 09:18 AM

Cheers,

Shandy

Wrist should healed ok by then hopefully!

Shandy
12-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Wrist should healed ok by then hopefully!

And i'm sure we can tie a zimmer frame to the back of your bike so you can get around without falling over again old boy.........he he

giler
12-01-2009, 02:23 PM
And i'm sure we can tie a zimmer frame to the back of your bike so you can get around without falling over again old boy.........he he

I think I have a pair of stabilisers in the garage..

nambduke
12-01-2009, 03:18 PM
........I saw BRD's photos from last year and was so jealous! I'll try and arrange something myself. Probably going down in the car though but will be taking the bike down on the trailer! I'll look at local campsites to stay over......

Regards,
Mark

bigredduke
12-01-2009, 03:29 PM
........I saw BRD's photos from last year and was so jealous! I'll try and arrange something myself. Probably going down in the car though but will be taking the bike down on the trailer! I'll look at local campsites to stay over......

Regards,
Mark

Camping? Are you mad? The Novotel in Bristol centre is really good & they do a great buffet breakfast ie eat as much as you like. We got a family room last year for about £80 inc breakfast!

sage
12-01-2009, 05:33 PM
hi i will try to give it a go this yaer about time i did some miles
sandy

rollo22
12-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Got to work sat am Bummer.

But will be down in afternoon

nambduke
13-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Camping? Are you mad? The Novotel in Bristol centre is really good & they do a great buffet breakfast ie eat as much as you like. We got a family room last year for about £80 inc breakfast!

Is that why you didn't take the bike down last year? We quite like camping even in late April......we're obviously a bit harder further up in Yorkshire!:mand:

Alternative I suppose is to see if there is somewhere to park the bike safely overnight and stay in the hotel.....??

Regards,
Mark

sadbiker
13-01-2009, 10:55 PM
Discusing this with other half, would I be allowed to bring my bike.. Its built in Italy ?

NattyBoy
14-01-2009, 08:57 PM
no - sod off - lol !!!