PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any experience with these soft panniers?

mintyhit
08-01-2009, 01:36 PM
http://www.windingroads.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=43

I was thinking about doing some touring in the summer and found theses. They seem like good value and look reasonable on the bike. I know looks aren’t everything but I think the Ventura system is a bit too ugly for my tastes.

Anyone have any experience with the quality?

Cheers
James

Paivi
08-01-2009, 01:44 PM
These (http://www.bigbikebook.com/14328/OXFORD-PRODUCTS-SPORTS-PANNIERS.html?referrer=froogle) would be a better bet. I've had their previous version for a few years and they take a lot of stuff in them, especially when expanded. I've crash tested mine and they were OK.

Trent
08-01-2009, 05:47 PM
These (http://www.bigbikebook.com/14328/OXFORD-PRODUCTS-SPORTS-PANNIERS.html?referrer=froogle) would be a better bet. I've had their previous version for a few years and they take a lot of stuff in them, especially when expanded. I've crash tested mine and they were OK.

:thumbsup: for the Oxford ones - they worked well for me too.

You can often find them going cheap on ebay... Like these (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Oxford-Sport-Lifetime-luggage-Panniers-silver-MINT_W0QQitemZ320330224490QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Mo torcycle_Parts?hash=item320330224490&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318)

Mand
27-01-2009, 07:29 PM
How do you attach them to your bike?

Thicko Mand

Julie
27-01-2009, 07:32 PM
I know the guy who runs that company (and owns the company)

Martin is a good pal of mine and lives not far from us.

His products are very good - i have tank bags fr the KTM and DRZ and they are perfect

Go for it!

Mand
27-01-2009, 07:34 PM
I know the guy who runs that company (and owns the company)

Martin is a good pal of mine and lives not far from us.

His products are very good - i have tank bags fr the KTM and DRZ and they are perfect

Go for it!

I want panniers! I neeeeeeeeeeed panniers! I got a tank bag. ;)

I assume you just fix them on with straps?

Julie
27-01-2009, 08:13 PM
I want panniers! I neeeeeeeeeeed panniers! I got a tank bag. ;)

I assume you just fix them on with straps?

I'm really not sure about strap on's mand ....

lumpy lump lump
27-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Hi i have some oxford sports panniers , they work well and hold more than you think .
they fix with an assortment of velcro straps under the seat , and other nylon straps
and a couple of bunges for pease of mind ( you dont want these in your back wheel)
you nead to take your time putin them on . they do move a little when on , but they
wont come off if fitted right . never used them on the s2r exhaust ect . had them on
a 636 kacasaki . trip up to knock hill , and they have rain covers

Mand
28-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Hi i have some oxford sports panniers , they work well and hold more than you think .
they fix with an assortment of velcro straps under the seat , and other nylon straps
and a couple of bunges for pease of mind ( you dont want these in your back wheel)
you nead to take your time putin them on . they do move a little when on , but they
wont come off if fitted right . never used them on the s2r exhaust ect . had them on
a 636 kacasaki . trip up to knock hill , and they have rain covers

Thanks! Most helpful! After the service, that will be my next "bikey" purchase.

DavidEJM
29-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Just bought a set of Tech7 panniers from Busters and they came with a free tail pack (or tank bag). All for just £39.99. I figured at that price I couldn't really go wrong.

They've just arrived today and they seem like pretty good quality with all the straps (just for you Mand), rain covers and storage bags that you'd expect with the more expensive brands.

Mand
29-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Just bought a set of Tech7 panniers from Busters and they came with a free tail pack (or tank bag). All for just £39.99. I figured at that price I couldn't really go wrong.

They've just arrived today and they seem like pretty good quality with all the straps (just for you Mand), rain covers and storage bags that you'd expect with the more expensive brands.

Hey they look proper bargainia, I may have to invest. Let me know how you go with them. I won't need them until September time. For our honeymoon dontyaknow! :D