PDA

View Full Version : Campsite - Help needed

gary tompkins
04-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi All,

I'm after some advice on camping in the Suffolk area. My old bike club the Lynx MCC are twinned with a French club in Normandy, and have been arranging exchange visits since 1981. They are here over in May on the 2nd bank holiday weekend, and we would like to find a site with good facilities in the Suffolk area. Several sites have already said they are fully booked in May, which is understandable on Whitsun weekend, but if anyone local has some suggestions it would be appreciated. I'm guessing we'll need space for around 30 people.

Thanks

Nonnie
04-01-2009, 01:47 PM
If you could travel a little further north then I suggest Larling in Narfuk. It's right next to Snetterton, it has a fantastic pub with excellent food.

Some of us girls camped there during their beer festival last year. It's just off the A11 near Wymondham and I really can recommend that one. Dead cheap too. I remember the showers being free. They love bikes there too. It's also next to Englands only whiskey distillery How can you not go there?!

http://larlingangel.moonfruit.com/#

The camp site is on there somewhere but great place Gary, I kid ye not!

benson
04-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Nonnie you beat me to it - I was about to say the self same thing so now I don't need to. I was brave and camped there GT and survived and they have really good breakfasts too....

gary tompkins
05-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the tip - I'll pass it on :thumbsup: