PDA

View Full Version : Windshield for 1100 monster

Yankee Lima
22-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Hi folks, I'm a newbie to this forum and indeed Ducati. I have just sold my BMW Boxercup and am considering a new Monster1100 as it has lots of appeal. However, I do have a question. The bike will be used for occasional tours in France / Spain (~ 2 a year) so a screen a bit bigger than the original Ducati flyscreen would be an advantage especially on the long blats to the ferry etc.

Anyone have any advice or comment on the practicality of this idea? or is it so non Duc to ask !

And NO I don't want a VFR:chuckle:

J.P
22-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Hello there.
There are likely to be aftermarket screens for the new 1100M but maybe not for a while after launch.
Any screen is unlikely to make a huge difference because they will want to keep the look. I have the front fairing on my bike and it's not a miracle cure.

If you're planning on touring, the thing you might want to worry about more, is the limited tank range.
110-130 miles is probably all you'll get, at best and that can mean filling up an awful lot.
My S4R is luck to make that sort of distance and that's why I bought a Triumph Sprint ST, plus that has a really big front screen.

slob
22-12-2008, 02:28 PM
maybe worth having a word with eagle screens, as others are looking for similar for 696
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=31095&highlight=696
HTIOH

buzzbomb
22-12-2008, 07:38 PM
I rode 150miles on a 1100s last wednesday and it certainly needs a bigger screen than it comes with as standard especially when it's cold.

Yankee Lima
23-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks all for comments - got to have a closer look at the 100 today and build looks quality to me. Have to wait for a demo ride until the bike is regtistered in Jan.

buzzbomb
23-12-2008, 07:21 PM
I've been out on the 1100s again today and it just gets better.
The quality to my mind is 1st class so i don't think you will be disappointed when you get your hands on it.
Weather permitting i'm hopeing to go to the bike meeting on boxing day at the Wiggin Tree at the top of parbold hill in Lancs. on the new 1100s so if any body else is there come say hello.