PDA

View Full Version : Biker Racism

littlejimmy12
19-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Last night I was refused petrol until I pre paid, my helmet was off and the bloke wouldn't open the pump until I put money in his hand. I asked him why as this is not standard practice. His response was that he had had trouble with "you sort" before!!! obviously he meant bikers!!

I couldn't beleive what I was hearing, I asked him if he thought all Jews were tight, that if your black you are likely to commit crime and that as I;m irish am I stupid!!!

I told him he was a biggeted idiot and that when you consider that only 3% of the road population ride bikes it is statistically impossible for this to be the case.

I asked him if also having a driving licence and a car would in his eyes make me 'less of as threat' but this seemed to only confuse the fool!

Anyway I was wondering if anyone else has had simlar experiences with ignorant twats like this??

Nonnie
19-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Yes and I argued the case too. They were happy to let car drivers put in vast amount of petrol without prepaying but not motorbikes where my tank full costs a tenner. If they weren't going to switch the pumps on BEFORE I paid like everybody else then I was gonna put my cash somewhere else.

It is annoying. If they knew how long it takes for me to get ready and go with my winter gloves on, they'd know I wasn't capable of making any kind of quick getaway!

Seb_uk
19-12-2008, 01:04 PM
It is crazy. One of the bike magazines did a feature a while ago where they pulled into a service station to get fuel in a car wearing full fancy dress (Elvis costumes, etc) so they we clearly in "disguise" as such. The pumps got authorised straight away. Then they pulled up on bikes (obviously not in fancy dress!) and the garage wouldn't authorise the pumps without pre payment. It's really a pain in the a$$. Thankfully in Colchester I've never had it happen to me yet (touch wood). I just tend to undo my helmet strap before I fill up to show I'm intending to take it off.

hydromonkey
19-12-2008, 01:07 PM
I have been lucy in that I have never been asked to take off my helmet let alone pre-pay.

JerryXt
19-12-2008, 01:42 PM
I had that once - took ages for the pump to prime, then I could only get £12 (back when a tank took proper money to fill :)).

Went in to pay and the immigrant chappie (oh, the irony) behind the till said it was because I was riding a motorbike. He did explain that their CCTV only took pictures of the front of vehicles so they had to have special rules for motorcycles. My reply was phrased around the idea that their moronic CCTV installers should not be causing me a problem.

Haven't been back - well, I told Kato and his reaction caused me to worry that the place might mysteriously blow up one day...

dlloyduk
19-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Just don't ever go back and tell everyone you know they thin their petrol down with water!

Name and shame them and post it on as many website forums as possible.

scrapps
19-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Not had that Happen to me yet.But did get asked to pay for my room in advance when i went for a weekend in blackpool.
I then watched 2 others book in without any money in advance? i said why did they not get asked for cash and they said it was as they paid a deposit...at that point i asked for the manager who was on a loser as i had also pre booked and payed a deposit !
he did say he was very sorry and it was the desk staffs fault and that i could have a free meal and drinks that night:drunk:i ate and drank as much as possible then checked into the hotel nextdoor for the other two nights :chuckle:

gremlin
19-12-2008, 04:07 PM
We've been lucky in Norwich with stations not being that anal but it amazes me. Car drivers are way more likely to drive off as it costs so much more to fill up and it's usually the ones with baseball caps and loud exhausts that do it if the police chase programmes are anything to go by.
The removing your helmet thing bugs me, Clive had a run in on the issue and just put the money on the counter and walked out. It was pathetic, the guy wouldn't take his money because he hadn't removed his helmet, people behind him were tutting about it and backed Clive up which was surprising really, but as a chap in the queue said they wouldn't dare demand a person takes their burka off so why should a biker remove their helmet, you see more of the face in a helmet.

LouSCannon
19-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Only had it a couple of times, but the last time was on the way to Manchester, guy asked me to take my lid off, so I did, and I was wearing my cold killers hood thing, and THAT didn't seem to bother him?!? The difference being perhaps my lid concealed the end of my nose a bit better!

slob
19-12-2008, 07:08 PM
It may be discrimination, it isn't racism however.

ricky
19-12-2008, 07:27 PM
the meaning of racism....

1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

its the WORST type of racism!!! one were people are doing it and thinking they are right!!! :nash: i ALWAYS keep my helmet on unless im doin a quick shop, if they wont turn it on ill just give them the money, if they still are been stubborn then ill go else where!

plenty of examples above

GOD THIS WINDS ME UP!!!!!!!
law abiding people gettin harrased i think the burka question should be asked everytime:p

Kiwi
19-12-2008, 08:12 PM
just take your money and vote with your feet and go somewhere else

if they don't want your money somebody else will

BluprintZ
19-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Haven't had any probs with the petrol stations, although the first time i went into the local post office/Londis, after i bought the Monnie, the owners daughter who works there, asked me to take my helmet off, because it frightened her.
She knew exactly who i was, i've been going in there several times a week, for the last nine years that i've been living in the village but she insisted i remove the lid.
My mate has one of the helmets that flips-up, she also made him take it off, even though she could see all of his face, he's born and bred in the village.
It would be so laughable if it wasn't so stupid, some people really do believe everything they see on the news, or read in the paper.
I do remember an elderly lady, who used to ride a scooter of some kind, wore all the waterproof gear, plus an open-face helmet with a flip-up visor, so you could see as much of her face, as you could my mates with his flip-up, flipped-up!!
Saw her many times wandering around the post office with her lid on, obviously she isn't capable of holding the place up...or is she?

G.

PDL
19-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Pay for petrol
Walk bike to bike
Start bike up
Lean over to pump
Unhook nozzel and place on floor
Drive off smiling

Archery in the UK :yoparty:

slob
20-12-2008, 06:57 AM
Ricky, thanks you've just backed up the point I made perfectly!
I agree it is absolutely ridiculous discrimination, however being a biker is a choice we all make,
not a result of heredity.

...hijack over

ricky
20-12-2008, 07:23 AM
we ARE a race
i spend more time on my bike or in my garage playing with it than i do in church-- its my other religion
I WAS BORN TO RIDE I LIVE TO RIDE I RIDE TO LIVE I AM A BIKER!!!!!:yoparty:

lol :scratch: bit early i know but i enjoyed that! :woot: