PDA

View Full Version : love it !!!!!!!!!!

lumpy lump lump
17-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Had a look over the new 1100 s today , nice ! but a sport 1000 s stood next to it
WOW .i knowe its not for everyone, but in red with the black spoke wheels ,i want
one . ultamate cafe racer appeal . and cheaper than the monster?:rolleyes:

bigredduke
17-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Had a look over the new 1100 s today , nice ! but a sport 1000 s stood next to it
WOW .i knowe its not for everyone, but in red with the black spoke wheels ,i want

I think the 1000 Sport is one of the best looking bikes Ducati have ever made. It reminds me of the 1970's 900SS bevels which I love (& rode once). Unfortunately, my back is too old and my belly too big and my wrists too weak to cope with one.:(

fatbloke
17-12-2008, 07:49 PM

My mate picked up his new black Sport 1000 only last week from Ducati Aylesbury only paid £6400
OTR thats got to be a good deal.

gary tompkins
17-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Riding position although better than early 1000 classics, is still dire without bar riser kit.

Still on my list of possible replacements for the monster, but I'll have to tailor the pegs & bars to fit me better. Shuffy took one for a short test ride and it killed him, so I would advise trying for size one before you part with cash.

Jim66a
18-12-2008, 06:11 AM
I took a sportclassic out for a morning late summer. They are awesome bikes. Found the riding position good and i don't need to tell you how good the ds engine is. My mate on his gsxr750 ricegrinder struggled to keep with it through the twisties. I'm looking out for a nice used one. Have you seen the fully faired ones? Gorgeous.