PDA

View Full Version : Modifications 696 monster

Craig Aldred
12-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Hi I'm new to UKMOC, I have just run in my pearl white 696 and am eager to personnalize it. I have a touring seat, R&G tail tidy, Carbon tax disc holder and bar end mirrors fitted so far. I would like to blacken the front windshield but i'm not a 100% sure on how easy it will be to get the hexagonal screws to come out as they are tiny - has anyone taken the windshield off yet and could give me advice that would be appreciated. I would also like to have the bracket that holds the foot pegs on painted in black, i'm not sure how the factory have got the finish on the swinging arm as I would like it to come out exactly like the factory have done - anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Blah blah
12-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Hello, and welcome to the :ukm:

I have no ideas, the voices inside my head have some good ones, maybe I should start listening to them...? :mand:

Nickj
12-12-2008, 09:35 PM
i'm not a 100% sure on how easy it will be to get the hexagonal screws to come out as they are tiny

You just use tiny tools OR tiny people who can bring their own tool set along.

Whatever you do have fun with it :)

walpole68
13-12-2008, 08:42 AM
I have been looking for a tinted replacement screen for about 6 months and no joy.I want to get rid of the rear foot pegs but again as yet no rear sets have been made,apart from the few carbon goodies there is very little available for this model.

Albie
13-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Powder coat your footrest hangers. Paint is not always easy and rubs off easy. Not expensive either an winter is the perfect time as less riding.

Duke_Hatty
13-12-2008, 04:12 PM
sure on how easy it will be to get the hexagonal screws to come out as they are tiny - has anyone taken the windshield off yet and could give me advice that would be appreciated. I would also like to have the bracket that holds the foot pegs on painted in black, i'm not sure how the factory have got the finish on the swinging arm as I would like it to come out exactly like the factory have done - anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Just unscrew them and it comes off.

Personally, I'd be very wary of modifying anthing that can't be easily put back to standard. It will devalue the bike and quite possibly put buyers off.
Personally, for instance, if I went to see a Monster that had had the "tail chop" modification, I'd simply walk away....