PDA

View Full Version : New Ducatis

Mike Griffith
11-12-2008, 08:59 PM
I went down to the bike show last week and spent quite a bit of time on the Ducati stand trying to work up as much enthusiasm for any of the new bikes as I do for my Monster S2R 1000. Anybody else have the same trouble. ( I could go for the HyperM, but the fuel range rules it out for me)

CH!P
11-12-2008, 10:44 PM
I could have had one of the new Monsters or the Streetfighter. Also fell in love with the Triumph Street Triple.

Craig Aldred
19-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Yeah I know what you mean, I went on the Ducati stand to look at the new streetfighter and wondered what all the fuss was about. I'd rather have my 696 any day on looks alone. I had a go on the triumph street triple when I was considering which bike to buy, I must say its a really nice bike, handles well and the engine makes you want to cain it every where! I went for the ducati V twin because I think its the type of bike you don't get bored of to easily

desmo
19-12-2008, 08:38 PM
I went down to the bike show last week and spent quite a bit of time on the Ducati stand trying to work up as much enthusiasm for any of the new bikes as I do for my Monster S2R 1000. Anybody else have the same trouble. ( I could go for the HyperM, but the fuel range rules it out for me)

I had exactly the same thoughts myself.
I thought the 1100 was the best bike there, but if I was buying one I would want it with black wheels, which they don't appear to be doing.
I sat on the Hypermotard & just hated the riding position (perched to much up in the air)
I looked long & hard at the Streetfighter, I thought it was just ok, but nothing special, I certainly wouldn't spend nearly £11,000 on one & that's just the basic model.

Incidently, a friend of mine traded in his Triumph Speedtriple for a "S" version of the Steetfighter before the show, he then went to the show & looked at it & pondered it for a week, he then went back to the Ducati dealer & cancelled his order & got his Speedtriple back.

LouSCannon
19-12-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm not sure. The new generation is growing on me, I got given a 696 for the day today whilst my 695 was in for a serivce. It certainly got more looks wherever I parked it, but when I was on it, everything just didn't feel as god. The sound was louder from the 696 termis but it lacked something more, as did the ride and the cornering...

Still fancy a 1100, but if I'm honest I think I'd prefer a secondhand S4R or RS!

StevieB
20-12-2008, 01:30 PM
I threw my leg over a new 1100 monster today . Compared to the 696 it is very tall , my little stumpy legs could just about reach the ground and no more . I think I will stick with the 696 as I dont think I would be very happy at junctions etc .

CK & AK
20-12-2008, 02:09 PM
its about 40mm taller - I 'stretched' when riding it a couple of weeks ago (ok, when I put my foot down) and wasnt happy - even our 1098S is 'shorter'
Not for me.......

C

Redkite
21-12-2008, 09:59 AM
I love the 1100 but I too sat on one yesterday and was disappointed at how tall it is. Can't get my feet flat on the ground. Dealer says there's a lowered seat available which reduces the height by 2 cm. but that just pushes the price tag up even more.
Maybe I'll just keep the S2r1000 another year and see what what else comes along.....

binky
21-12-2008, 03:14 PM
There is no bike as good as my S2R 1000 so why waste time looking :)