PDA

View Full Version : Freaky or What

gremlin
08-12-2008, 05:16 PM
Had to go to London today, on the way down at the lights at Elvedon on the A11 (The East Anglians will know where I mean) at 4.20ish a.m the radio started to play Seal it's a Mans mans world. On the way home we got to the same spot at 4.20ish p.m which in itself was a bit strange and guess what started to play, Seal It's a Mans mans world. I don't know what you'd call it but I find it a bit freaky.

manwithredbike
08-12-2008, 06:22 PM
maybe there's a big cd player at the lights with the seal cd on a loop :)

Capo
08-12-2008, 06:41 PM
I heard he lives round there :D

Snips
08-12-2008, 07:18 PM
I was expecting this to be a thread about Nonnie. To be fair I was going to leap to her defence.

Nonnie
08-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Thanks Snips.

I think. I mean, I think I should be glad about it but I'm not really sure. It's kind of a back handed compliment really, isn't it? Like the salesman where I used to work who told me when I was 25 that I would be a beautiful woman as I got older.

*Raised eyebrow smiley*

slob
08-12-2008, 07:40 PM
If you'd been in the van all day you'd have heard it 20 minutes past the hour, every hour. Damn radio station play lists!

Nickj
08-12-2008, 07:42 PM
He may have meant that your equisite bone structure would mean that you will age beautifully with the years adding a patina of grace...

then again he was a salesman.....

Perhaps he never got to the product punch line??

gremlin
08-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Norfolk and Suffolk does has its share of celebs and a few musos but I doubt anyone would go so far as setting up a loop! Clive said it was down to the radio 2 playlist but to have the same track 12 hours apart and playing at the same spot takes some beating.
Why would I say anything to make anyone leap to Nonnies defence bless her? Are you implying any freaky behaviour has Nonnie at it's centre?:biggrin::biggrin:

BluprintZ
08-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Record labels tend to send the media promo's out to, radio, tv, mags etc, for review about a month before the release date of the album/single.
Radio stations have an A, B and C list, so the A list tracks will get rotation for about a couple of weeks or so.
As an independent label, my releases would be on the B and C lists, so they get around a weeks airplay, which is nice! : )

JerryXt
09-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Norfolk and Suffolk does has its share of strangeness

indeed :D

Mand
09-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Thanks Snips.

I think. I mean, I think I should be glad about it but I'm not really sure. It's kind of a back handed compliment really, isn't it? Like the salesman where I used to work who told me when I was 25 that I would be a beautiful woman as I got older.

*Raised eyebrow smiley*

:chuckle::chuckle: ooo that made me laugh!

gremlin
09-12-2008, 09:07 PM
What are you implying Jerry? Doesn't everyone have webbed feet and one eye looking at you and one looking for you? :mand:
Clive has taken 7 years to adjust to Norfolkness and it still catches him out sometimes. It could be the fact that it's not a through route, you have to be intending to come here rather than just passing through. If one is totally honest it looks pretty boring on the map so why would anyone want to come?

JerryXt
09-12-2008, 09:38 PM
I used to borrow a mates Norfolk cottage at the weekends and we swore the place was haunted. The first time anyone new was in the place on their own a bloke popped up, knocking on the door and eventually coming into the house.

I chased him out with a rifle into the field that surrounded the house - he had completely vanished within seconds, All of us who saw him and described the same man, wearing an old tweed jacket, sackcloth trousers and clogs that banged across the floor. Every time he pitched up, the cats that lived in the place went bananas for a few minutes before.

The first time my buddiys gf was in the place on her own, she opened the door and he asked for a guy by name. She told him no-one lived at the place with that name. He thanked her and turned to go as she started to close the door. Then she thought that Peter would be back soon, so she opened the door again, but he had vanished - into the open field remember!

They went looking for the guy the stranger had mentioned and eventually found him - he had lived in the house at one time but had been pushing up daisies since 1917.

I left the cottage soon after and haven't been to Norfolk since :D

gremlin
09-12-2008, 10:54 PM
We have Fred, he has appeared in my daughters room and in mine. I didn't tell my daughter about him but one day she moaned about the man in her room and described the same person. I think he may have been a farm worker, he has brown cord type trousers, white shirt with no collar and a waistcoat. We have a tie bar running through from my room to hers and apparantly someone is supposed to have hung themselves from it so I'm not sure if that is why we have him. We have things disappear for weeks or months then return to where they were when we lost them and photos usually have orbs in them if we take pictures in the lounge. We also have shadows move across the tv sometimes, as if someone has walked in front of it.
The strange thing is that anyone who come to ours loves the place an always says how homely it is. It never feels oppressive or spooky.
Norfolk has its share of paranormal activity and is one of the UFO hotspots if you believe in that sort of thing. Maybe the isolation from the outside world does funny things!

JerryXt
10-12-2008, 02:43 PM
...and you thought hearing the same song twice in one day was freaky?

:D:chuckle:

gremlin
10-12-2008, 05:15 PM
I guess I'm used to a freaky house! :chuckle::chuckle: Just after putting my post up the remote control we lost last year turned up. It was in the cupboard we had completely emptied twice while looking for it!
Legend has it that James Stewart lived here during the war, he was based at Tibenham and Hethel. Unfortunately he doesn't turn up, I'd love to meet him! I missed one of his visits to Tibenham, he used to pop over to see the old airfield and meet up with the Gliding club chaps. One of the few days I wasn't there he turned up, I was quite miffed.
The old Hethel airfield is about 1/4 mile away and we often walk the dog through the wood that has sprung up over it. There are still bunkers and blast shelters and bits of buildings and a bit further is the Lotus factory which is built on the other bit of the airfield. There is also a legend that there was a huge pit dug and all the Harleys, Indians and jeeps were buried wrapped in oiled tarpaulin because it was cheaper to bury them than to transport them back to America. Unfortunately the Lotus main hangar is on top of the area they may be buried in so there's no chance of digging them up.

Rancid Badger
12-12-2008, 05:29 PM
We have Fred, he has appeared in my daughters room and in mine. I didn't tell my daughter about him but one day she moaned about the man in her room and described the same person. I think he may have been a farm worker, he has brown cord type trousers, white shirt with no collar and a waistcoat.

Please apologise to your daughter for me, I was just looking for the bathroom. Must remember to change my shirt as well. lol

gremlin
12-12-2008, 08:50 PM
She's of an age now where she wouldn't mind:D:D
Personally I like grandad collars but I guess if it's on someone who's been dead for a while it puts a different complexion on it;)

Mrs Soup
12-12-2008, 09:56 PM
A bit off topic of ghosts and coincidences, but decidedly odd.......

It would seem that today everyone in the company who went to google could see my igoogle account. I'm talking about 5000 people nationwide. Two people emailed me on my home email to tell me, but no one contacted me at work.

Any ideas how this could happen?