PDA

View Full Version : Trip cut short due to vandalised bike .

jerry
06-12-2008, 11:56 AM
I was on my way home from going to Chiangmai bike week already curtailed as my company called me to go to work next week .I was already at Kampang Phet when I got the call.
But I thought a nice side trip through Chaiyaphum on the 225 road and then down to Kao Yai national park on the 201 both great roads especially the 225 over the Mountains and then down to Nakon Nayok and pattaya .

However when I got to Kao Yai some idiot thai knocked my Ducati over with his Pickup up on the mountains in the car park and then fled the scene.

Not too much damage but the clutch master cylinder is smashed beyond immediate repair air is getting into the handlebar piston..i thought I was stranded in the middle of the Jungle but decided to try and ride home 300kms with no clutch .. well i managed it but it was not fun .
Still a good ride 900 miles in 3 days . Next week i will be working for a month in the North Atlantic.

jerry

Albie
06-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Thats cr4p news mate. Sad news when a driver does just not care about what they hit. Sucks. Hope you get it sorted soon

jerry
06-12-2008, 02:38 PM
I am in the UK next week for 4 weeks offshore work so will buy the parts I need and some belts and shims etc etc so when i return to thailand I will havewe a load of maintenance to do, valves need checking,oil change belts are OK for a while ,the clutch master needs replacing etc .