PDA

View Full Version : Fuel light stuck on

Scott1
05-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Howdy folks,

I've had my S2R since May, ridden it pretty much everday without a hint of a gremlin but alas today, I've filled up with petrol and the fuel light is stuck on.....any ideas?

Thanks
Scott

LVC
05-12-2008, 06:20 PM
:idea: Masking tape

Sorry, couldn't resist :twak:

Trent
05-12-2008, 07:22 PM
It could be the connector that's come undone, or maybe the sensor has shat itself.

Is it a plastic tank or steel one?

Scott1
08-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Thank Mr T, its a plastic tank, does that make a difference?

Trent
08-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Thank Mr T, its a plastic tank, does that make a difference?

Nope... It's just that I was typing a long list of instructions on how to check / remove the sensor on a steel tank... then realised it was probably plastic!

If you lift the tank up, you should see the connector down the back, near the hinge - Seperate it and check that it's clean etc, then plug it back together.

If it still doesn't work, then it's probably the sensor that's died.

You could borrow one from someone and connect it to your wiring to confirm that it is the sensor that's died (tip the sensor upside down and the light should go off, tip it the other way and it should come back on.
I think they're quite pricey, so it would pay to do this just to confirm it is the sensor.

Yikes... I just looked at the parts list, and there doesn't seem to be a replacement sensor for the plastic tank?
Maybe someone else can confirm, but it looks like you have to buy the whole fuel pump assembly!

Capo
08-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Maybe someone else can confirm, but it looks like you have to buy the whole fuel pump assembly!

You can get them from Ducati :mand:

Scott1
09-12-2008, 09:03 AM
I expect its absolutely filthy like the rest of the bike, I'll follow the instructions that have helpfully been provided and also give it some tlc at the weekend.

Thanks

Scott