PDA

View Full Version : Monster Weekender 2009!!!!

Pedro
25-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Yes folks, it's that time again to start preparing for the 2009 Monster Weekender at Arrow Mill.

Over the course of the coming weeks various threads will appear regarding booking rooms at the Mill, suggestions for activities & rideouts, requests for volunteers etc etc.

So get your thinking caps on for the activities (karting, minimotos etc) and I'd be delighted to hear from people offering their time in helping plan this event and to help out over the weekend.

Oh, and if anyone knows of a witch doctor or shamen that can guarantee us some sunshine, please let me know!!!

Pres Ped

Albie
25-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Well hopefully around 15 Belgians are meant to be coming over. The Saturday run was great this year and the pub grub was good. We need to take them to Fish Hill as they dont get to ride up and down hills much.

Nonnie
25-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Karting was excellent last year and you know how much I love mini motos.

I'm happy to do Forum Awards.

aurigney
25-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Hi, I would love to come over to the u.k. with my son for the monster weekender next year, is there any lower age limit ? He will be 10 at the time.He has no probs with bikes as he is 3 times junior Guernsey sandrace champ and loves monsters.
Cheers Aurigney.:booze:

SazzaG
25-11-2008, 09:04 PM
Yeee haaa!

Me and Rog are happy to provide our navigational skills (and hi-viz jackets) again for the Saturday ride out.

Follow that hyper!

brian king
25-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Is the weekender May bank holiday?

gary tompkins
25-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Is the weekender May bank holiday?

Yep - 1st bank holiday weekend

Pedro,

I'm happy to do bike competition again trophies this year, and also up for judging again if needed. Can Sazza sort badges like last year? They fitted the trophies a treat :spin:

It would also be good to sort a few on bike cameras & hand-helds to shoot footage. Assuming we get weather suitable for filming it would be nice to produce a weekender DVD?

ladybird
25-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Have cam, will travel :D

SazzaG
26-11-2008, 09:08 AM
I'm happy to do bike competition again trophies this year, and also up for judging again if needed. Can Sazza sort badges like last year? They fitted the trophies a treat :spin:

Happy to do that Gary. As it should be a bit less last minute this year, we can get a nice design done. Any volunteers for that?

mad_turnips
26-11-2008, 09:29 AM
i can help if you want sazza

PS will there be a tow rope to go along with hi viz and nav skills?

oh and aurigny if you get the ferry over to uk to pompy you and your boy are welcome to crash here before going up me and nicki should be going up too

SazzaG
26-11-2008, 09:39 AM
Matt - I was hoping you might have fixed your bike by May? Or are you hoping that we'll re-introduce the "Rat Bike" category in the bike awards...

J.P
26-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Hi, I would love to come over to the u.k. with my son for the monster weekender next year, is there any lower age limit ? He will be 10 at the time.He has no probs with bikes as he is 3 times junior Guernsey sandrace champ and loves monsters.
Cheers Aurigney.:booze:

No age limit at all but a lot of time is spent in the bar so you might want to check they're ok with a 10 year old. I sure if he's a big drinker it won't be a problem. :)

J.P
26-11-2008, 09:45 AM
I think as you said before Pedro a back stop activity is necessary for the weather, the car museam or the bike museam seems ok for that and the benefit with the go karting was that it was inside and wasn't dependant on the weather, but still lots of fun.

LouSCannon
26-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Loners welcome or is it a family \ couples thing? Not sure if my other half would like to come along, but I fancy it seeing what fun you lot had this year... was all a bit too last minute for me this time round.

J.P
26-11-2008, 12:22 PM
We'll take anyone that comes, however they come.

aurigney
26-11-2008, 04:41 PM
No age limit at all but a lot of time is spent in the bar so you might want to check they're ok with a 10 year old. I sure if he's a big drinker it won't be a problem. :)

O.K. I wont send him to his AA meeting that weekend so should be alright.
:booze::drunk:

aurigney
26-11-2008, 04:48 PM
i can help if you want sazza

PS will there be a tow rope to go along with hi viz and nav skills?

oh and aurigny if you get the ferry over to uk to pompy you and your boy are welcome to crash here before going up me and nicki should be going up too

If we can get to pompy on friday night I would love to stay and ride up with you.( save me getting lost on the big scary roads )
Cheers pal,Aurigney.:booze::drunk:

Albie
26-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Just in case most go up to Arrow on friday afternoon for friday night. Friday,sat, sun, leave monday morn if in the hotel but of course up to the individual

Julie
26-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Hooray
Naughty corner again for me this year!

rollo22
26-11-2008, 05:48 PM
I seem to remember one of the Belgium lads wanting to go to the Aston Martin museum
Think its in the Abingdon Area as a rough point on the map

NattyBoy
26-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Happy to provide all the prizes again this year for the competitions and count me in for some go karting !

Cheers
Nat

CK & AK
26-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Current (provisional) race calendar looks likely that we could both come next year - but cant confirm till race dates properly fixed in new year :)

ricky
26-11-2008, 08:39 PM
ill be over this year!!!!!!!:drunk::drunk: as N.I rep i suppose id better!!! ill hopefully have my VW camper on the road with my baby on a trailer, plus my missus and mayb even a few extra N.I members in the back or on the road too!!:thumbsup:

so if its karting ill win... remember 2006 people??? lol
mini moto....... full size bike to me...... lol

how about an off road track somewhere for scramblers or trials bikes??

benson
26-11-2008, 10:50 PM
May Bank holiday - sounds like a plan! And this year we will have a bank account too which will make things smoother in terms of booking and all that stuff.

So - here's to a dry weekender next year?

Capo
26-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Is there a rough program of events?

Paranoid Dave
27-11-2008, 06:21 AM
Myself and Pudding Head will be getting married 6 days before it starts, and we still plan on being there :)

squiffything
27-11-2008, 06:40 AM
The Cambridgeshire representitive will be there again this year with or without Sarah has yet to be decided. Naughtybike naughty/quality corner :) Off roading on the Naughtybike hmmm I don't think so.

scrapps
27-11-2008, 11:20 AM
I will be there with a very different looking monster next year lord vader(a monster from the darkside) will have to have a new name to go with his new colours......
I just hope its not raining again so we can all enjoy the ride outs and not get soaked doing the bike comp....
Also my better half will be joining me (by car) great news that means no heavy bags to spoil the ride up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

J.P
27-11-2008, 11:23 AM
no heavy bags to spoil the ride up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's no way to tak about Sue. ;)

J.P
27-11-2008, 11:24 AM
talk about Sue, that was supposed to be.

scrapps
27-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Oooops it does look like that.....but not what i mean JP,maybe a top pocket post ? :worried:

Plum
27-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Hey Ped

Looking to get there this year as i missed the last couple. Its likely i wont be coming on the Monnie though as i hope to have her off the road to be made over. I will still be on somthing italian though....or maybe i could bring the H****y!!!:chuckle:

PD - I take it i cant roomie wiv you then.......unless the missus dont mind of course

pegboy
27-11-2008, 02:15 PM
I'd be up for this weekend although not sure if i could leave Friday back Monday might have to be a Sat morning ride up then back Sunday?

scrapps
27-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Is there a rough program of events?

More like a program of rough events :chuckle: :chuckle:

Paranoid Dave
27-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Plum, you assume correct :D

gary tompkins
27-11-2008, 10:01 PM
I'd be up for this weekend although not sure if i could leave Friday back Monday might have to be a Sat morning ride up then back Sunday?

See if you can wangle the Friday off. Everyone will be out and about Saturday until late afternoon so you'll arive to an empty hotel. Also we won't get back from national rideout on Sunday until about 4pm, so you'll have a late ride home unless you leave from pub.

You really need a full day at the mill Saturday & Sunday to get the best from the weekend.

Err... as long as it's not p1ssing down of course :rolleyes:

JMo
28-11-2008, 05:40 AM
Yea! I shall be flying back in time for the event...

J (currently avoiding the UK Tax gestapo) Mo... xxx

Julie
28-11-2008, 06:43 AM
Yea! I shall be flying back in time for the event...

J (currently avoiding the UK Tax gestapo) Mo... xxx

I wouldn't advertise that jen - you don't want everyone knowing your lack of contribuition again. Afterall we are all here paying our taxes like good people...

Nonnie
28-11-2008, 07:08 AM
I say Good Luck to her! Can you avoid mine too?

Julie
28-11-2008, 08:10 AM
I say Good Luck to her! Can you avoid mine too?

Yes indeed i would like to avoid mine as well nonnie.
Have a great weekend with Team Crumble x

Nonnie
28-11-2008, 08:11 AM
Ah thank you. I daresay you'll read about it in the papers. Can you get deported from Essex?

benson
28-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Hello the joolster! We are indeed off to Essexlandia - in a stylistically challenged sort of a way to behave badly and practice what we do best - absolutely sweet f all...

Hurrah.
Wine
Beer
Food
Friends and

Essex..........

Yours awaiting deportation
Benson

Julie
28-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Hello the joolster! We are indeed off to Essexlandia - in a stylistically challenged sort of a way to behave badly and practice what we do best - absolutely sweet f all...

Hurrah.
Wine
Beer
Food
Friends and

Essex..........

Yours awaiting deportation
Benson

Hey benson

Have a great time - Is it those Essex girls you're after? Hmmmmmm go on admit it!

See you soon

Julie x

Pedro
28-11-2008, 04:05 PM
cough cough....

thread hijack etc...

cough cough

:chuckle:

benson
28-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Too true Ped - all vicious rumors too!!!!

JMo
28-11-2008, 05:58 PM
cough cough....

thread hijack etc...

cough cough

:chuckle:

It's all too easy to isn't it?!

Back on track then, might I suggest we use the restaurant we did this year for the National Rideout as either the Saturday or Sunday lunch venue again? - the food was spectacular - who can forget those five puddings on one stone slab - yummy!

xxx

SazzaG
28-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Mmm, five puddings.....

gary tompkins
29-11-2008, 12:05 AM
One option discussed this May was to use Arrow Mill for the Sunday lunch stop. This would allow national rideout to start/finish at the mill, and make it easier to arrange a plan 'B' on Sunday if the weather is rubbish.

I quite fancy pub we used this year on Sunday for the Saturday ride

Puddings were 1st class :mand:

JMo
29-11-2008, 12:40 AM
One option discussed this May was to use Arrow Mill for the Sunday lunch stop. This would allow national rideout to start/finish at the mill, and make it easier to arrange a plan 'B' on Sunday if the weather is rubbish.

Initially I was against that idea (after all, the point of a ride-out is to go somewhere, right?) but the more I think about it, it sort of makes sense...

• as you say, if the weather is poor, we don't all get soaked going out to lunch.

• as a thought, we could always do the Hog Roast on the sunday lunch time as the main meal - mmmmm, roast lunch! And the 'Gala Dinner' menu format for the Saturday night?

• the bike show/competition could now be moved to after lunch (time to digest while we ogle the machinery), which means there is less of a rush to count the votes etc - easing logistics. It would also mean that late comers get a fair chance of being included in the competition too?

• If the National Ride-out were to start around 10.30-11am, that would still give us a good 2.5 hours before we'd need to be back for lunch? Anyone not fancying a really early morning to get to the Mill for the start, could hook up with us along the way?

The only downside with starting the National Ride-out earlier is that not everyone might be there for the start? However, I would hope they would all be there either along the way or at the finish - for the big finale and feed! Then the bike show/competition in the afternoon...

What do you think?

xxx

ps. agreed with this year's Sunday pub for Saturday lunch...

Catspoon
29-11-2008, 09:38 PM
At the very real risk of reveling myself to be the village idiot, where's Arrow Mill? I can't find any location information and I'm guessing it's Warwickshire.

If I'm right then I think you can count my 750 to be present and correct sir.

SazzaG
29-11-2008, 10:01 PM
You're absolutely right!

See you there!

alreadyinuse
29-11-2008, 10:10 PM
how much does it cost roughly?

just stuck it in aa route planner .
354.5 miles most of it motorways journey time 6hrs 12min.
or 351.4 miles of A61 A38 journey time of 9hours 14 min.

6 hours on the motorway at bank holiday time on an unfaired bike ain't my idea of fun.

either way i'd be a sweaty blob

JMo
30-11-2008, 06:54 AM
At the very real risk of reveling myself to be the village idiot, where's Arrow Mill? I can't find any location information and I'm guessing it's Warwickshire.

If I'm right then I think you can count my 750 to be present and correct sir.

Google is a wonderful thing!

www.arrowmill.com

xxx

ricky
30-11-2008, 05:34 PM
how about running the track day on the weekender weekend!!!!!!!!:yoparty::woot:

im goin to be paying about £200 on ferry so too make it a weekend to remember how about makin it a full one!!!

sure it will be more expensive in one go but not in the long run, plus im sure it would make people more inclined to come from afar which is the point is it not??

JMo
30-11-2008, 06:07 PM
how about running the track day on the weekender weekend!!!!!!!!:yoparty::woot:

im goin to be paying about £200 on ferry so too make it a weekend to remember how about makin it a full one!!!

sure it will be more expensive in one go but not in the long run, plus im sure it would make people more inclined to come from afar which is the point is it not??

Hee hee - it's a good idea Ricky, but the problem is most of the weekender bods are not really track-day types - hell, it's hard enough getting them out of the bar to go on a rideout! x

Also, the cost would be hard to swallow in one hit (although I know what you're saying - in for a penny, in for a pound)...

To be honest it is far more of a laugh to do something like Mini-motos (my vote for 2009 btw.) as it is much more social, and a lot less likely to end in tears - Nonnie not withstanding of course... x

xxx

Paranoid Dave
30-11-2008, 06:22 PM
The only problem with mini moto is some people are just too big or cannot bend into the right position. At least karting can fit anyone. Although the organisation of the track last year was great (as it was the first time) the 'racing' that is the real reason so many people take part (admit it) was missing. I don't know what the answer is but I would really love to kart on a track that allowed for overtaking, ability and fun, not just karting for the sake of it.
One answer would be the multi activity idea like a couple of years ago (but a pain in the farse) Although the silly little track was lapped in 12 seconds, because of the kidney bean layout, the hill and the technical effort 'racing' on that track would be a hoot. So many different lines to choose, fast or defensive, i'm not saying go back there, but the track is key to any race.

Nonnie
30-11-2008, 06:36 PM
To be honest it is far more of a laugh to do something like Mini-motos (my vote for 2009 btw.) as it is much more social, and a lot less likely to end in tears - Nonnie not withstanding of course... x

xxx

Eeeeh I lurve mini moto, gets my vote! And I never cried.

JMo
30-11-2008, 07:31 PM
I agree with what you're saying PD - and that open air track (March Hare) is also pretty close to the really nice pub (with the five puddings) we went to this year on the National Rideout...

The only thing is, the circuit was a bit micky mouse length-wise as you say...

Maybe the Weeekender Admin crew can locate a track over Worcester way that offers good racing on a decent length (in or out-door) track?

xxx

ps. Still reckon the comedy element of mini-motos is worth the knee bending mind you x

benson
30-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Burt Reynolds would love the karting I think...

ANYWAY - really like the idea of the Arrow mill for the lunch on Sunday - could make a lot of peeps less wet if the weather is as we have come to know and love it in the past!!!

CK & AK
30-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Benson/Ped - can you put a 'closed sticky' in the events section (or everywhere!!:D), to have the following info:

2009 UKMOC 7th National Weekender
Date:
Friday May 1st till Sunday 3rd May 2009
Arrow,
Nr Alcester,
Warwickshire,
B49 5NL.

To include the National UKMOC rideout on the Sunday, also bike voting competition same day (various categories)

All Monster owners welcome, partners 'naughty bikes' welcome too.

Accomodation:
At Arrow Mill hotel in lovely rooms, OR
Camping in Arrow Mill grounds, OR
Arrange your own local accomodation at Travel Lodge or similar.

Please look out for booking form thread - where you can book for the whole weekend, book just for a meal one evening - or even just make a note & turn up for the day!

This might help out our many new visitors to the site :)

C

SazzaG
30-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Done!

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=30910

Catspoon
30-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Google is a wonderful thing!

www.arrowmill.com

xxx

Phew! I went on Google Maps and the only place it found for Arrow Mill was Bradford.

Anyway, thanks for that, I'll get clicky clicky

MOB_Sven
02-12-2008, 08:58 PM
So we can register to join??? Just mail arrow mill to say we're coming?

JMo
02-12-2008, 09:29 PM
So we can register to join??? Just mail arrow mill to say we're coming?

Nooo nooo - All the bookings/payments are done through the UKMOC - there will be a booking form posted up on this website, once all the details are finally in place, with the prices, itinerary etc etc.

It usually comes out early December - I'm sure the 09 weekender team are on it as we speak!

There will be a dedicated booking thread on the forum soon I'm sure...

xxx

ps. you want to get your deposits in quick mind you, the rooms in the mill sell out very quickly...

JMo
02-12-2008, 09:31 PM
In fact keep an eye on this one:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=30925

xxx

SazzaG
02-12-2008, 09:51 PM
ps. you want to get your deposits in quick mind you, the rooms in the mill sell out very quickly...

Canvassing from the other side of the world Jen? Bet it's warmer over there...

JMo
02-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Canvassing from the other side of the world Jen? Bet it's warmer over there...

Hee hee - just doing my bit to drum up a bit of a frenzy... and yes, it's 21°C here today, nice and sunny...

xxx

SazzaG
02-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Wish I hadn't asked. We're heading stateside on Saturday, but it's about 1 degree in New York!

Anyway, back to the thread...

scrumpster
04-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Eeeeh I lurve mini moto, gets my vote! And I never cried.

You didn't like the helicopter ride though did you!!! :chuckle:

scrumpster
04-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Can't book as I don't know what's occurring with my body parts yet which is a pain in the proverbial!! Not half term either is it?! Might pop up Saturday and come back Sunday.

gremlin
04-12-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm not sure if I can manage the distance either, and it would be a bit of a no no to turn up with Landy and trailer. Will have to see what else falls apart I guess, at least I'll have practically a new bike if I can make it.

J.P
04-12-2008, 01:25 PM
NO PROBLEM BRINGING A TRAILER. Just don't drop the bike off the back on the way in...

giler
04-12-2008, 01:52 PM
NO PROBLEM BRINGING A TRAILER. Just don't drop the bike off the back on the way in...

Still remember the call from Shandy - "get your ar*se up to the entrance me bikes off the trailer!:cry:"

J.P
04-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Oh how we laughed.......... :)

singletrack
04-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Can't book as I don't know what's occurring with my body parts yet which is a pain in the proverbial!! Not half term either is it?! Might pop up Saturday and come back Sunday.

It's a bank holiday Sharon - you could stay until monday.
There will probably be room in the travel lodge which you could book nearer the time.

Darry
23-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Hey Peeps,

I won't be joining you for the entire Weekender this year, but may come for the National Rideout on the Sunday.

I'll be parking my rice burner in the naughty corner :)

Darry.

bigredduke
23-03-2009, 12:14 PM
hey Peeps,

I Won't Be Joining You For The Entire Weekender This Year, But May Come For The National Rideout On The Sunday.

I'll Be Parking My Rice Burner In The Naughty Corner :)

Darry.

Splitter!!!!

J.P
23-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Jesus, the Naughty Corner could be very busy. I'm sure Darry the Pole Room boys will be missing you.

J.P
23-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Has someone finalized the event plan for the weekender ? I've looked through and don't see anything final.I'm sure people would like to know given it's only 6 weeks away now.
Was someone putting together an event for the Saturday to keep everyone busy ?

Nonnie
23-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Has someone finalized the event plan for the weekender ? I've looked through and don't see anything final.I'm sure people would like to know given it's only 6 weeks away now.
Was someone putting together an event for the Saturday to keep everyone busy ?

Yes.

To be published when finalised.

J.P
23-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks. I don't want to miss any food !

Darry
23-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Yes.

To be published when finalised.

So, the answer to JPs question is actually a No then. ;)

slob
23-03-2009, 04:13 PM
The answer is 'Yes' something is being put together

harve
23-03-2009, 04:29 PM
wheres arrow mill???????

Pedro
23-03-2009, 04:34 PM
wheres arrow mill???????

Near Alcester, near Stratford

ricky
23-03-2009, 07:07 PM
any chance of a heli pick up from n,ireland?

SazzaG
23-03-2009, 07:08 PM
The answer is 'Yes' something is being put together

And it's all getting very exciting!

:woot::spin:

bigredduke
23-03-2009, 07:09 PM
any chance of a heli pick up from n,ireland?

Only if your name is William Windsor.

spike748
30-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Been a while since I was last on here, but I am well up for the Sunday Ride!!

Regards,
Spike

toast4tea
02-05-2009, 06:37 AM
I wish Pedro had sent out his "Come Along to the Ride Out" email a bit earlier. as a relatively new memeber I didn't know about this annual extravaganza, and I'm not sure I can make it.

Half Man Half Mole
02-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Been a while since I was last on here, but I am well up for the Sunday Ride!!

Regards,
Spike

I'll be riding down from the Midlands and picking Spike up on the way :thumbsup:

Mike

jimz750
22-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Newish to me - Why is there no thread for a 2010 weekender? Will there be a 2011 one and if so, when and where?:bucks: