PDA

View Full Version : Tail Chop Problem - work in progress

uksurfer
23-11-2008, 07:03 PM
hi
Looking for some advice.......
I hope this picture works, i have started stripping down the rear end, and where you are supposed to cut, i have a bracket welded where the high level cans are, and it includes a hole for the seat pull, any ideas??
do i cut the lot, or around, this is a problem i wasnt expecting, has this happened to anyone else?
thanks in advance

martin
________
Cannabis seeds (http://marijuanaseeds.org/)

crust
23-11-2008, 08:41 PM
I followed the line of the vertical light bracket down and cut there.

I cut out the seat lock and its mounting web and have a pull wire on the other side.

Some people leave the seatlock and re-route the cable

:)crust

uksurfer
23-11-2008, 08:52 PM
think i might have to get a new exhaust bracket made to match the opposite side, i was hoping not to have these sort of problems........
try to relocate the seat catch pull thing, i seen that a few have mounted it elsewhere, oh well, back to the garage tomorrow!!1
cheers for the reply

martin:yoparty:
________
Hot Box Vape (http://hotboxvaporizers.com)

Pedro
23-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Simple really, don't chop it!

:chuckle:

Rancid Badger
24-11-2008, 03:51 PM

Now there's a ludicrous suggestion!

If they weren't supposed to be chopped why were they put on in the first place? :dunce:

Pedro
24-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Now there's a ludicrous suggestion!

If they weren't supposed to be chopped why were they put on in the first place? :dunce:

Surely if they were meant to be chopped Ducati would have saved some money and made the frame shorter?

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Darkness
24-11-2008, 08:29 PM

I was wondering how it would look with a stretch job.

I haven't seen an extra long tail on a monster, all the frame mods seem to involve chucking away lumps, so there must be some genuine Ducati bits going spare to weld in?

Just a thought........................................... ......

Nickj
24-11-2008, 08:57 PM
I was wondering how it would look with a stretch job.

I haven't seen an extra long tail on a monster, all the frame mods seem to involve chucking away lumps, so there must be some genuine Ducati bits going spare to weld in?

Just a thought........................................... ......

Now there's an idea, what address should I post my spare bit of frame so you can experiment??

slob
24-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Now there's an idea, what address should I post my spare bit of frame so you can experiment??

Too right Nick, I'm sure I've got a kilo of Monster tail shaped dead weight knocking around my garage somewhere.

Rancid Badger
25-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Surely if they were meant to be chopped Ducati would have saved some money and made the frame shorter?

Next you'll be saying that Italian tanks don't need six reverse gears...... :eyepopping: