PDA

View Full Version : at last!!!

jorabineau
23-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Hello all, yes, at last I've managed to understand how to post a message.....(well, I think so anyway!!)
hope its in the right place though???oh well, we'll see!
I'm Jo, I live in Exeter, although my bike has its home in Paignton at the moment. Its not a spanking new bike and not perfect...(yet,,,) but i'm having brilliant fun with it! Only started riding in July but couldn't imagine not being on a bike anymore!
So just thought would say hello since everyone sounds friendly here!
And just a quick question:
Went to London from Devon on friday and all was going well until as got off the M3, started p*****g down...(not nice :worried:) and as got to roundabout, engine kept misfiring and stalled a few times (obviously, even more unpleasant than the rain, especially when stuck up hill in traffic in rushhour.....), someone said it's because the engine got very wet???is that so, is it common, and what can I do about it???
Hope everyone had good wkd
:spin:
Jo

Nickj
23-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Just pull all the connectors apart and clean the contacts as well as you can. I usually put some very light grease on them vaseline type of stuff.
Plug caps cleaned inside and clean the plug tops, make sure the tight little rubber covers at the top of the plug cap are in place and a bit more vaseline there too.
If it's dry and theres a gap water will seep in, the brass gets that green fuzzy corrosion which is enough to make the connection go bad over time.
Just make sure that the wires all contact where they should, are clean and treated to keep the water out of them if possible.
Mines had water up to the headstock and was a lot happier than I was about it!!