PDA

View Full Version : Curse of ducati...Arrrgggghhhhhh! Ha Ha

jerry
23-11-2008, 03:23 AM
Ha....Ok we all know the fiendish Italien Machiavellian temprement often gets to the folks at Ducati,here is a cautionary tale of dark deeds in Bologna ..........

well today I delved into my S4 wiring to put an aftermarket CA cycle left hand bar lighting switch so I would be able to turn the headlights off and not have them permanently on.
It mainly helps the battery amps on starting not having the headlight on.

OK a simple job for an electonics wizard like me who works on robotics etc ......well yes and NOoooooooooooooooo....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! the curse of Bolongna strikes , I have 3 wiring diagrams for the 2001 S4 and all are different especially the color codes..WHY for Gods sake do they do that... OK back to basics my bikes wiring colours do not relate to any of the 3 Ducati wiring diagrams all dated 2001 so I get ot my multimeter and spend 2 hour buzzing the whole thing out and making my own diagram and the mounting the new switch. ''DOH''

all is well the bike runs great but why do Ducati do these mad things .

Jerry

Capo
23-11-2008, 09:09 AM
I thought that the ecu switches off the headlight when the starter is operating. I havn't checked but that has been the norm on even older vehicles I've owned.

jerry
23-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Not on Ducatis and also they dont charge much round town either the alternators kick out bugger all at tickover.Its a common modification in the USA .helps the battery .