PDA

View Full Version : s4rs handlebars/seat

TCar153
17-11-2008, 11:55 AM
I have s4rs, am shortish and not completely liking riding position. I would have liked gilles varios with risers but don,t think that can happen cos they,re clip ons. Risers alone won,t do the job cos std bars have all the wrong angles for me. Ideally would like to lower my ass a bit too. I know Ducati do a lower seat but I currently have their comfort gel seat which is a bit kinder than the std. Picky picky I know but u know. Otherwise, wot a bike! Also i was wondering if there is anyone localish who may be able to help properly sort my suspension to suit a midget. I understand that if I do a track day there are people there that can help for a fee, but tis a bit late in the year now for all that palaver.:dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:

Stafford
17-11-2008, 12:01 PM
I guess these guys are local to you. Pro Twins (http://www.protwins.co.uk/)
I think they've had good press in the past.

TCar153
17-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Ta very. Just going to have a look now.

buzzbomb
17-11-2008, 12:43 PM
try rizoma bars without bar risers as they bring the grips up and back to a more comfortable rideing position.

mholc123
17-11-2008, 02:35 PM
I had a similiar problem with my S4R, I found that the bars pulled my arms to far forward and splayed them apart. This kept giving me a headache as I was stretched out across the tank whenever I went for a ride. I cured this by fitting the bars from my old M900, as the S4R bars are tapered I had to make some inserts to fit in the top yoke to take up the extra space. I have been to Nugello and back with the bike like this and it was perfect. Here's a photo - hope this helps.

Mike

JerryXt
18-11-2008, 11:23 AM
dunno about making it smaller, but go see Rob at ProTwins. This weekend he serviced the forks in little Lucrezia. Changed the oil to a high-quality 7.5 and added a little more than usual to get the front working properly. The back is good already.

He sorted my trackbike without being able to ride it - took it to a track and the rear was within a click of perfect.