PDA

View Full Version : tail chop info please

aurigney
14-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Hi All, Can any one tell me what you do with the seat catch cable when you do a tail chop as I am looking at having a go but I dont want to f**k it up .
Cheers, Aurigney.:fou:

mad_turnips
14-11-2008, 02:11 PM
gor rid of it put in an improvised one ( well JMO did) PM her and if she has time she should be able to help you little islander

and ill try to email pics of what was done to mine if you PM me your addy

BluprintZ
14-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Hi All, Can any one tell me what you do with the seat catch cable when you do a tail chop as I am looking at having a go but I dont want to f**k it up .

You might find this link handy: http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=25584&highlight=tail+chop

Otherwise, do a search for tail chop, there are lots of posts on the subject.
I think there are a few video tutorials in there somewhere too, if you can't find them or can't be arsed, you should find them on youtube, that's where the vids on here came from anyway.
I'm just about to do a chop on my 900, it's not that difficult really.

Have fun.
George.

lcjohnny
14-11-2008, 04:27 PM
I reversed mine and ran it forwards towards the tank.

Then used the outer of the cable to move the lever with the nipple trapped in the fixed point - it isn't pretty but it would be better next time - I will do you some pix if you want

Jom G

aurigney
20-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Hi all , Thank you for your help the bike now has a tail chop. I've just got in from the garage and it looks better already. I have to make a number plate bracket at the weekend then when the new winkers turn up I'll be there.
Thanks again couldnt have done it with out your help
Aurigney.:booze:

Blah blah
20-11-2008, 07:04 PM
... but I dont want to f**k it up .

err, leave it on?

giler
21-11-2008, 07:15 AM
I heated mine up and bent it round so it faced forward.
Used a couple of hefty brackets bent to the shape I wanted to mount the number plate
and a couple of little L brackets to mount the indicators of the back of the tail light.
I did originally buy a universal tail tidy which split with the duc vibes.