PDA

View Full Version : Monster Rebuild

mad_turnips
13-11-2008, 07:42 AM
Well after alot of talking about it the idea that was planted in my head at the weekender by albie ( no not that sort of idea) i have taken the first steps to rebuilding and repainting my monnie

she is going up to a garage in fareham on sat where she will get stripped and i can start sorting through keep, bin, paint and powdercoat

im going to use this thread to document progress for Rat back to Bike
(just need to remember how to use photobucket now)

giler
13-11-2008, 08:20 AM
Good luck, what are you planning or is it top secret?

mad_turnips
13-11-2008, 08:44 AM
basics repowder coat wheels and frame yellow along with pos the rearsets but might make them black and powder coat anything else black i can

tank ,engine, mudgards sprayed black + some new style monnie screen and tail ( atm they are black with tange stripe) not sure if i get a yellow stripe on it yet

have some yellow decals for tank

new hugger , second disc, new wireing loom

pos 748 F break mastercylinder to match the cluch one thats on it new , clutch cover , cut cans down to make stubbys and replace the spedo with someting better

apart from that open to ideas

Kato
13-11-2008, 08:58 AM
Have you suddenly inherited a job lot of Black paint then...????????????

scrapps
13-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Good luck with your project.
you will prob end up doing more than planned when you get started.
I have just started my ikle rebiuld and have sent tank etc to be painted. i am not pulling bike apart untill the tank is done so i can line the decals up with the tank sat on the bike :idea:
hope to see the result posted soon.(i am not posting till all finished):thumbsup: