PDA

View Full Version : Winter/All-round Gloves - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Mostro69
12-11-2008, 08:38 AM
I just bought these winter sport gloves based on Diego's recommendation:

Spidi Sportcomposite Winter Gloves Black/Red
http://www.daytonamc.co.uk/contents/en-uk/p2190.html?lmd=39525.534722

http://www.daytonamc.co.uk/contents/media/l_SPORTCOMPOSITE%20H2OUT%20A83%20021.jpg

I am so chuffed with the quality that I thought they deserved their own thread here.

The fit offers extraordinary dexterity, the padding and armour are solid, the insulation is very warm and comfortable without being bulky or puffing up in wet weather, and the waterproofing all round is excellent.

My #1 priority with these was winter warmth since I don't want to bother with heated grips. It was 0 Celsius in Epsom at 5:30am this morning and at 70mph my fingers were oblivious to the cold air.

Diego
12-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Glad you like em. They do rock :yoparty:

harry_hyde
12-11-2008, 12:27 PM
I'll look out for those at the NEC and see if I can try a pair on.

I spent the same on a pair of alpinestars on recommendation from the guy in the shop and they are rubbish.

No better than the pair of Tuzo's I got from M&P for a tenner in fact.

Jody.

wade749
03-12-2008, 10:03 AM
I've tried loads of expensive winter gloves and thermal under gloves etc but my 30mile commute to work is just too much for any good glove in the cold winter mornings at 5am.
I've treated myself to some heated EX02 Heated gloves and they are truley amazing. I picked them up at the N.E.C show and saved £20.
I've got a spare battery so when i got home from the show I hooked the gloves up to the juice and sat watching TV with new new heated gloves on :chuckle: I should have got some years ago...

J.P
03-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Yep I've also had the EXO2 gloves for a couple of years and they're the best for cold riding.

StuartJames
20-12-2009, 03:03 PM
I've just bought a pair of Furygan Land Gel gloves.
Feel great when you put them on, plenty of protection from fall falling off and the weather.
And for winter gloves I can still feel the handle bars and levers through them.

Haven't had time to try them out on the motorway in cold weather yet, anyone else got them?

JaKS
21-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Another vote for the EXO2 glove.
They are simply superb!

He11cat
21-12-2009, 07:54 PM
My winter gloves are ok round town.. but I went a bit further the other week and ouch!! Not warm enough.. Used to have a cheapish pair of heated gloves that lasted years.. trying to find them.
They certainly where not £120 + times have changed.. :(

benson
21-12-2009, 09:55 PM
I've done one and a half winters in the Halvarssens winter gloves and they come in a size 5 - hurrah for the small handed!!!

Meanwhile I am now awaiting a thaw - of the roads, the bike and me - but not necessarily in that order...

animaluk
22-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Held Freezer glove excellent gloves, Ive not used my heated grips in 2 years since i got them

He11cat
22-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Oh and to think I spent all that time knitting mittens for you .... and with strings that go up your sleeves so you don't loose em... Guess you won't be needing the bobble hat.. took me ages to make that pompom..some people..
I asked the shreddy knitting nanas but they told me to do it myself.. how rude!

I seriously need to change gloves .. mine are great around town.. but on the A's and motorway 20 miles combined with my clutch I am in pain..lol..

But we have reynaulds? syndrome in our family and a few degrees drop and we suffer .. dead white ends of fingers same with toes.. both me and my Sister have it , she is way worse then me..

I get Chilblanes really easy and have to be very careful and I hardly wear rings now anymore especially in winter as with in a few mins my fingers can swell and had to have rings cut off before now which when it was your grand diamond ring ...ouch!!!.. not good