PDA

View Full Version : side stands

darko
06-11-2008, 10:38 AM
does anyone know if the sidestand on the early monsters (1998) is the same as the later injected bikes ? mine has snapped at the main mounting point bolt after a work colleague kindly reversed into the bike in the car park...

darko
06-11-2008, 12:46 PM
ok, have found a 620 stand at a breakers so need to know if that will fit my 1998 bike - carrying a paddock stand with me is sadly not an option :)

Panther
06-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Hey darko, I don't no the answer to you question but you could look at the ducati parts catalogues for both bikes to see if they have the same part number, or look the same;

http://www.ducati.com/en/bikes/service/parts/2008.jhtml?family=parts

Ops, just looked on there web site and the catalogues only go back to 2000.

try calling a dealer????

darko
06-11-2008, 01:17 PM
good idea thanks - will try, the breakers think they are different but i am surprised they would be

Trent
06-11-2008, 05:05 PM
I've just looked at the Monsters in the Garage (both 620s) and they have different stand designs, but the mounting points are the same.

Some of the early Monsters had a side stand that flicked up by itself when the weight was taken off the stand.
For that to happen, I think the spring was mounted on the outside of the stand and the spring mechanism hit the head of the side stand bolt.

Both the stands on our Monsters have the spring mounted on the inside of the stand.
If yours has the "suicide side stand" then I suspect the 620 one won't work - If the spring is on the inside then you may get away with it.

Alternatively, if you get the 620 mounting bracket as well as the stand, you might be able to make that fit... (but don't count on it)

gremlin
06-11-2008, 05:16 PM
i have a spare 96 one if you want