PDA

View Full Version : Anyone for Catalunya MotoGP 09

Jim66a
05-11-2008, 10:59 AM
We are again planning to ride/ferry/ride down to the catalan Gp. Dates are 10th - 16th June 09 ferry from Portsmouth to Santander. Max miles 340 in a day. total from Newark/Lincoln is 1450. costs around £480 inc weekend ticket (grandstand H). just food and fuel to find.
Interested? Email me jim@testastretta.co.uk

gjfevans
05-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Just in the planning stage to do something similar. I suppose you are getting the ferry there and back, have you ever done the ride down through France and the ferry back or the other way round? Also can you reccommend any accomodation near the circuit last time I went i stayed in Barcleona(?) and got the train in but would like to saty a little closer this time

pegboy
05-11-2008, 09:46 PM
This would be a magnificent weekend but too early to commit to for me. Will see closer to the time.

Jim66a
06-11-2008, 08:00 AM
Hi, We did the same trip this last summer, We usually try somewhere new each year. But everyone enjoyed the catalunya trip so much we'r doing it again.
I fancied the ride down and ferry back but the one way ferry cost was too much. We stayed in Lloret which is a 40 mile ride into the circuit. But the hotels are cheap and your out of range of the bike thief gangs etc. It also gave more food options for those not quite so adventurous and the costal roads were just built for the monster! (See link below -not recorded by myself-)
The ferry gets more expensive the later you leave it. They just need a £25 deposit to book. The hotels are cancelable up to the day before.
We'r also planning a ride to the biker classic at spa 1st weekend in july maybe even a run down to the Ring while its so close if anyone's interested?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=r6ynyjYxgy8

Jim66a
06-11-2008, 09:35 PM
There's four going so far including myself. Any make of bike welcome