PDA

View Full Version : sat nav

Mark Taylor
01-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Hi Guys, My good lady wife is going to buy me a sat nav for xmas, anybody got any advice on what to/not to buy, am looking at spending around £100 so a bike type sat nav is out of the question - can I use a car type one on the bike if I don't get it wet? - I never ride my monster in the rain anyway - too much polished alloy! Cheers - Mark.

Dave G
01-11-2008, 02:31 PM
You could, but it'll be tricky mounting it,perhaps under the clear map pocket of a tankbag may be a suggestion,secure and waterproof.
I'd have thought you can also keep it in your pocket too, run it from batteries with a headphone to listen to the voice commands.

moony
01-11-2008, 05:06 PM

StevieB
01-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Car satnavs are really poor on a bike . on a recent european trip four out of five of us had satnavs . Those with car satnavs had mounting problems , and at the slightest hint of rain , had to stop and put them away . They also found them hard to operate with gloves.

I had bought a garmin zumo 550 , and it was absolutely brilliant in even the most horrendous rain . No problems . You get what you pay for !

southfrance
01-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Got a TomTom Rider 2 europe with with extra car mount for my van, not cheap, but works like a dream on bike and in the van. the headset it comes with works brilliantly , it's just a bit clumsy to mount, so may get a dainese bluetooth helmet. Serious.

SouthFrance