PDA

View Full Version : Monster frame query

Lona
01-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Can you powder coat the frame on an 1995 M900? The other half has had a rush of blood to his head and stripped my bike down to its component atoms. The frame is well tatty and i'd like to get it resprayed satin black.

Bodybag
01-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Yes you can. Lots of us have done this to Ducati frames over the years. If you get it shotblasted and powdercoated by a good company, the frame number will still be visible through the powdercoating too. :-) Whereabouts are you? I'm sure somebody on here will be able to advise you of a good powdercoaters.

Dookbob
01-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Yes you can. Lots of us have done this to Ducati frames over the years. If you get it shotblasted and powdercoated by a good company, the frame number will still be visible through the powdercoating too. :-) Whereabouts are you? I'm sure somebody on here will be able to advise you of a good powdercoaters.
Triple S, absolutely the best powder coaters of bike frames in the land, and they do all the thread masking ( no paint where you wouldn,t want it) They are in the Bradford area, they have a website too. All they do is bike stuff, no industrial work to take precidence like a lot of other powder coaters.