PDA

View Full Version : New Streetfighter Ducati?

mholc123
30-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Has anyone tried going to www.ducati.com today - Instead of going to the normal page you go to a screen that appears to be saying that a new ducati Streetfighter will be released on Monday the 3rd at 7pm GMT. Is this the new 1200cc liquid cooled monster range topper? Anyone got any ideas? :banana:

emily's driver
30-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Its the 1098 engined new model that will be unveiled at EICMA in Milan. It has no connection with the Monster range of bikes and is a standalone model.

Rudeboy
30-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Ahhh, Is this the one featured in MCN under the heading " Would YOU buy one of these ?"

A bit of a debate raging over a naked 1098.......................

emily's driver
30-10-2008, 02:34 PM
MCN revealed a very crude PS photoshop picture of a 1098 sans bodywork, but I very much doubt it even comes close to what the finished article will look like. After the fiasco surrounding the bodged unveiling of the 1098 in 2006, I think they have beefed up their security and loyalism amongst staff, entrusted with pics or specs of the new model, as opposed to a certain employee leaking the brochure pics of the 1098 just days before it's official launch at EICMA two years ago. The Streetfighter is due to be unveiled on Monday along with the 1198, 1198S and 1198R, these latter three undergoing a combination of minor cosmetic changes and obviously an increase in engine capacity, as well as new colour options. As for the Streetfighter, who knows. Still it's only a couple of days away until we will know for sure what it looks like. I am sure it will sell well, as it fills the void between the Monster and a full on superbike. The Hypermotard and Multistrada appealing to specific markets as do the touring range of models and the sport classics. I'd say Ducati is covering all bases, with the introduction of this new addition to the line up for 2009.

walpole68
30-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Have to say Ducati are very good at keeping spy shots at bay.I cant belive no one has seen one out testing.