PDA

View Full Version : Road Signs

kathb
28-10-2008, 10:36 PM
I didn't quite know where to put this link from the BBC, but as it made me smile........

Anyhow, you decide

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7696004.stm

pegboy
29-10-2008, 01:32 PM
That is so true with Italy. I go there quiet often every year and the signs are terrible, luckily i know the roads now, so no need to read the signs, but still easy to miss a turn off.

Paivi
29-10-2008, 02:45 PM
I don't actually see a problem with most of the signs. The first one is clearly too damaged to read properly, but apart from that, it is clear enough.

Amazed none of the London signs made it; sometimes I think the people whose job it is to put the signs up are paid by the signs they put.

LouSCannon
29-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Oh come on, number 5 and number 6 at least? You think the standard motorist can digest that much information in a few seconds whilst moving?

Paivi
29-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Oh come on, number 5 and number 6 at least? You think the standard motorist can digest that much information in a few seconds whilst moving?
Number 5 isn't too bad if you know your colours, so just look for the blue ones if you know you're not in your destination city yet. With number 6, it doesn't seem to matter where you go, as all roads lead to a carpark.