PDA

View Full Version : Recently dumped.......it sucks.......tell me there's light at the end of the tunnel..

ton_up
26-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Hey all,

I've just been chucked out by my man of about a year, doesn't sound very long but it's long enough to love someone. I'm shacked up with a mate who has been really good to me but my wages are pants so I'm right in the deep stuff.

Have you guys got any success stories that will give me some strength!!

I really just want to go out on my bike but it's still at his house, the weather hasn't been nice enough to collect it. It sucks, help me out here................ xxx:toilet:

Dookbob
26-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Hi Ton Up, lots of folks have been there , look at it this way, every now and again life will put you to the test.

fatbloke
26-10-2008, 08:02 PM
been there done that twice lost two house's and all my money twice I absolutely guarantee things will get
better.
It might be a bumpy road but stick with it, try not to beat yourself up to much, get out and enjoy your monster if you can.
Make everyday count it will get better I promise.

moony
26-10-2008, 08:13 PM

Capo
26-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Go get your bike, spend some time cleaning it, get your mind off things for a while, then make a plan.

luvmaduke
26-10-2008, 08:53 PM
you got a DUCATI MONSTER , life is good. However if that aint enough , chin up things will get easier and better for you , go get your monnie twist the twisty handle and head down arse up = big GRIN , its a room full of luv here for ya , k

ton_up
26-10-2008, 09:05 PM
I had a hunch you would all be good people, it's a monster thing! Seriously you don't know how much you've all helped Xxx

Albie
26-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Been there done it nearly coming up 5 yrs ago at xmas. Monster and UKmonster friends salvaged my life and now happy. Partner who loves my bike and 2 dukes.
Level head and a belief in yourself. Keep your self working and talking.

Good luck.

alreadyinuse
26-10-2008, 10:06 PM
yeah your bikes love for you is unconditional and it wants to be thrashed and abused as long as you give it a good rub down afterwards.

plenty more fish in the sea etc.

Just get out there and kiss some frogs

southfrance
27-10-2008, 07:19 AM
There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it's getting closer bloody fast.................

Bon Route

NattyBoy
27-10-2008, 07:45 AM
been there done that twice lost two house's and all my money twice I absolutely guarantee things will get
better.
It might be a bumpy road but stick with it, try not to beat yourself up to much, get out and enjoy your monster if you can.
Make everyday count it will get better I promise.

How could anyone even dream of dumping a stud muffin like yourself terence ??!

Mand
27-10-2008, 07:59 AM
Just be patient... All good things come to those who wait. So I was told.

And it's true. :D

LouSCannon
27-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Everyone's been there at some point. Focus on what you HAVE got and don't dwell on what you haven't. Easy for people to say that I know, but it's true.

Just remember, a Monster is for life! :)

Nonnie
27-10-2008, 08:10 AM
The future's bright! The future is revenge!

Use the whole experience as a learning curve. Don't make the same mistake. Keep yourself together, do the usual stuff, keep your job going, keep your head down and start saving for your own place and have faith that one day your hard work will come together and life will be rosy. Don't let your confidence be too knocked. He just wasn't the right person for you that's all.

fatbloke
27-10-2008, 09:55 AM
How could anyone even dream of dumping a stud muffin like yourself terence ??!
she regained her eye sight and sense of smell and that was that

giler
27-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Obviously the man is a fool! Be strong, enjoy the support of friends and enjoy the bike
and everything that goes with it.

hhmunro
27-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Why do people always want light at the end of the tunnel? Surely your chances of reaching the end of the tunnel would be dramatically improved by having light where you are...
The good news is there are gorgeous, interesting,amusing, attentive, louche and most importantly, single monster owners around here, well, at least one anyway, just the distraction you may require...
now, the s4R, is that the one with the handy tea-making device bolted on the front?
Welcome...

jerry
27-10-2008, 01:18 PM
I have had my Heart trashed seriously 3 times in my life ....trust me you do get over it and find the ability to love again.

luvmaduke
27-10-2008, 02:07 PM
where can i get one of those s4r's with the tea maker on it? is it a kettle or char urn? are there optoinal add ons such as a biscuit barrel ?

hhmunro
27-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Can't speak for the biscuits, but it seems to have a handy device for boiling water...

JerryXt
27-10-2008, 02:39 PM
why don't you chaps go and plough a field or do something useful!!! Luddites. Can't see obvious superiority if it's put in front of them with SUPERIOR written in big capital letters and spelt phonetically with perhaps a braille translation for the poor old fools :D

ton_up, go get your bike soon! And which colour is it? Any pics?

luvmaduke
27-10-2008, 03:13 PM
fonetikalle? just wanted a cuppa , sorry to have touched a nerve

JerryXt
27-10-2008, 03:25 PM
http://www.endtimesreport.com/pictures/gardening/tractor-disc.jpg

:chuckle:

markus
27-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Honestly it gets better - I had mine ripped out and trampled on earlier this year......set lots of things in motion and ended up making me very positive - although it did lead to my selling my pride and joy monster to go travelling again which hasn't panned out yet due to some very difficult to explain reasons - but once the pain dulled down i was definatly happier after it all - I'm sure you'll come out the other end happier, shinier and hopefully still with a beautiful s4rs!

alreadyinuse
27-10-2008, 03:31 PM
he obviuosly has more money than sense buying you a bike then dumping you.

lets hope its paid in full and not on tick. cos if he stops paying they'll come take it away.

Nickj
27-10-2008, 04:19 PM
http://www.endtimesreport.com/pictures/gardening/tractor-disc.jpg

:chuckle:

I can see an S4 infront of that, sounds like a cue for photoshop.

The world is a bright sunny and sometimes funny place you just need to see that it is, you don't today but you will tomorrow. Probably wouldn't right now either as it's dark out.
Look out for those odd things that make life fun, like..... Like Oh tomorrow I get an expenses paid thrash to Bristol on the monnie :) ...

ton_up
27-10-2008, 06:44 PM
It's paid in full but it might be my only way forward!! Thanks guys for all your words you're doing me the power of good. x

Chris & Nean
27-10-2008, 07:29 PM
There was a clever advertisement for a VW Golf car shown on TV some years ago! This advertisement incensed my mum unbelievably; it made her very angry! The advertisement depicted a sophisticated and beautiful woman shown throwing an expensive engagement ring down a drain? The woman was also shown hanging a mink coat from a street parking meter and walking away like the thing was just crap, she was also shown pondering dumping the keys of her VW car down the drain too, (and poor mum didnt have 2 stitches to rub together after the war she told me). The car surly must also have been a gift from the man who was supposed to love her??? The emphasis of the advertisement was that there are things we CAN rely on; she didn’t dump the keys!!! she took the car to use like it was a passage or a tool to a new future. If you still got the bike TonUp ride it, find your future.

gremlin
27-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Everyone comes out with the old cliche, "there are plenty more fish in the sea" etc. I got seriously screwed up when my ex tried it on with my daughter, a ten year relationship down the pan, then met a really nice guy and got dumped by text, and vowed I'd never get involved with men ever again. Went to a gig with a mate miles away from home, met a really nice guy and am still with him 6 years down the road. Have my own bike thanks to his encouragement, have you guys because of the bike so everything has worked out pretty nicely. The trick is to not look for it, it will find you, you've got a head start, you've already got the bike! Enjoy singledom, while you have it, do the things you really want to do. Everyone has guilt trips when they want to do things their partner doesn't so make the most of it, and who know the perfect person may be doing exactly the same thing. We're all here to give you cyber hugs when you feel down.

Bodybag
27-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Nuff said!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=191677&l=60276&id=789267781

gary tompkins
28-10-2008, 12:32 AM
Just be patient... All good things come to those who wait. So I was told.

And it's true. :D

Cake? ;)

squiffything
28-10-2008, 06:29 AM
...... met a really nice guy and am still with him 6 years down the road. ......

Does spanky know you're still seeing this guy ;) :biggrin:

giler
28-10-2008, 08:16 AM
[QUOTE=gremlin;280723]The trick is to not look for it, it will find you, you've got a head start, you've already got the bike!

That's so true. I met my wife having been screwed up by a female nutter. Not looking for a relionship at all! Got introduced by mutual friends, turned out she was into bikes;
13 years later we are coming up to our 11th wedding anniversary and have two great (most of time!) kids!

So enjoy yourself and it will happen when it happens.

gremlin
28-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Does spanky know you're still seeing this guy ;) :biggrin:

Tee HEE:mand::mand: Naughty boy. He has his moments. He's not too bad, he's going to strip the bike down and make her pretty over winter, and he sorts out all the problems when they come up. Although I think there are times when owning a Duke puts a strain on any relationship all I hear is "F***ing Ducatis", I wouldn't have it any other way!:mand:

BluprintZ
28-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Same as fatbloke, been there a couple of times, so i'm sure all of us who have been through the grinder a few times know how you are feeling.
As some have already said, it takes time to get back to something like normality, in my case it was a couple of years.
Try living on your own for a while, get your house in order and keep busy, it all helps.
Good luck! x

Mand
28-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Cake? ;)

oh yes, the finest cake ever made :D

alreadyinuse
28-10-2008, 12:59 PM
I find that i embarce the single life for a few months and dont give them a second thought.
But then all of a suddem it hits me and i start to miss them about 4 months after.
Takes that long for the novelty of shagging anything with a pulse to wear off. (kidding just thought i'd say it before someone else did)

I got kicked out the day after boxing day. so for a few years i hated christmas.
Me my DVD player and my car went to live at my maws. and we stayed there for 3 years.
Took that long to pay off all the stuff that was in her house and save up for a deposit for one of my own.

ton_up
28-10-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm picking up my bike on Sunday as long as it doesn't snow - yay! I might have to sell it - Boo! My car went for a service today and cost me £333 - more Boo.

There's more boo's than yays so far but I'm hanging in there, thanks you lot you're tops xxx:banghead:

gremlin
28-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Whatever you do try not to let the bike go! It's the best therapy when you're feeling down, nothing beats a brisk ride to clear cobwebs and get the grey cells working. It could save money on commuting so will pay for its upkeep too.
There was an old horsemans saying stating that the best view in the world was that seen between a horses ears, that can be adapted very nicely to from over the bars of a Duke!
Keep your chin up we're all here to give you a boost when it gets grotty, it seems most of us have been in the same mire at some stage and we're all still smiling (even if through gritted teeth sometimes)