PDA

View Full Version : Tooth Out

STIVH
20-10-2008, 12:15 PM
After about £600.00 and many years of anoying problems every couple of months I decided to have a rogue tooth removed today my first ever since I was about 10 - and that's a long time ago, it came out fairly easy I believe? 3 parts including the roots. Boy are those back one's huge suckers !!

I asked the obvious questions but thing is, it is now starting to really hurt the numbness is going and the pain is coming.

Anyone had this done - how long am I gonna suffer I reckon this pain is gonna be bad, headache and ear ache already felt have took a couple of the Co Ops finest ibuprofen but it's still hurting.

Bursting for a hot cup of tea too.

Snips
20-10-2008, 04:27 PM
We ought to start a dentist treatment thread.

Ladybird had some scary stuff done a little while ago, and I'm half way through a root-canal procedure, which is being finished tomorrow morning.

Despite having had the tooth's nerve and root drilled out, it's hurting right now - what's with that??

Can't really comment on your tooth-out pain as it's 3 decades since I had a tooth out, but you have my sympathy.

Note to self: avoid cupcakes.

STIVH
20-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Mine was root canal a while back even changed the filling from metal to plastic in the vain hope of saving the tooth all to no avail.

Two years of constant nagging background pain and the odd really bad weeks plus gargling with TCP have been enough - God that stuff mings.

It's gone now but the pain is really bad just at the mo' brought my self a huge tub of soft jellie sweets to bite onto on the other side of me jaw to try and even out the pain.

The gap left is also quite strange looks like I'll have somewhere to stuff my tongue when i am on those long trips now!!!

Gonna have a nice cup of tea now but not too hot.

Nonnie
20-10-2008, 05:43 PM
I remember having my wisdoms out.

Any tooth pain these days I tend to have a gargle of brandy. Not saying I recommend this though especially if you have an open wound.

Have a new avatar instead.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=12022&d=1224524611

SazzaG
20-10-2008, 05:58 PM
I had an infected tooth on the same day as the 2nd Monster trackday - I wasn't riding in it, but was going up with JMo.

I called my dentist in the morning, telling him I could wait until the next day, and he said "no you can't - you must be in agony" Two hours and a bit of drilling later, he was my most favourite person in the world! No more pain! There's no way I could have made it to Mallory without that. I've had root canal treatment and a crown on it since then, but all pain free. My dentist was particularly satisfied, as he's a biker and loves his trackdays!

I've got to say though - dental pain - there's nothing like it. I hope it starts to feel better soon!

retskcid
20-10-2008, 06:11 PM
I feel your pain, look into getting yourself some Neurofen Plus - strongest over the counter pain killers and they work! Good luck!

ladybird
20-10-2008, 06:19 PM
I had two days of jaw ache, the muscles hurt from all the lying with my mouth open and jangling about. Boozes help.

pegboy
20-10-2008, 07:58 PM
I am at the end of a root canal job, had to have the canal works over two treatments as i had a gum infection and it wasn't clearing up on it's own even after the dentist made a canal to let the puss escape, was looking at a minor operation to release the puss or the tooth would definately fall out, when the second treatment thankfully cleared it. Going Thursday to put the final touches and crown the tooth, i think, heres the weirdest part, never gave me any problems, no pain nothing, how lucky is that?

Could not believe the tools they use and how far up into the gums they drill out, and the taste of the anti bacteria solution they use to clear out the canals is absolutely disgusting.

crust
20-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Wow, loads of us suffering

I bought a tube of this from Tesco's pharmacy

http://www.orajel.com/products/adult/toothache.htm

a small dollop on your finger then massage it into the area

it makes your tongue go all stupid its that good, I've been back for more

Its pretty much instant relief from even sick making toothache

:)crust

Albie
20-10-2008, 08:33 PM
My god everyone has toothache. Caroline has too. Needs a dentist and a credit card.:on:

Pedro
20-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Just had three bridges and two crowns fitted over the last couple of months, didn't hurt a bit! First time I've had a full set of teeth for about 10 years!

Bring on the pies!

Bodybag
20-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Just had three bridges and two crowns fitted over the last couple of months, didn't hurt a bit! First time I've had a full set of teeth for about 10 years!

Bring on the pies!

I've always wondered...

How do they get all the plant and workmen in ya gob to build a bridge?!

I'll get me coat!!

gremlin
20-10-2008, 09:17 PM
I had wisdom tooth out and root canal work done on the front tooth I knocked out (and put back in after horse had knocked it out) Couldn't believe how easy the wisdom tooth was, I hadn't realised he'd done it, till he showed me the tooth and had no anaesthetic on the front one either. Where there's no sense there's no feeling I guess, although I was having a bad day and was doped up on morphine. Would be happy to send some of my wonder drugs if it gets really bad.
The worst thing I've had is the crown on my other front tooth, that was halved in the same incident as the knock out, I had to sleep with it overnight with the nerves exposed then had a temporary crown put on till I was 18. Then they filed it to a peg to put the final adult crown on it but the anaesthetic didn't take after 6 injections I was in agony, then the pillock broke the crown so I had to have another temporary one for a week. Needless to say I didn't go back to a dentist until last year when I had the tooth out. The funny thing is, Clive has always been good and gone to the dentist and his teeth have had loads of work I've stayed away and the dentist said I have perfect teeth and I don't need anything done.

Karl S2R
20-10-2008, 10:01 PM
2 of my frontish but at the sides teeth cracked and had to be pulled this year.

I was in agony when they cracked but I found that drinking Jack Daniels and holding it in my mouth over the affected tooth numbed the pain.

I'll be getting them bridged later this year. Fortunately I have dental insurance.

pegboy
20-10-2008, 11:06 PM
My five month old son is starting to get his teeth through now, he suffers also.

STIVH
21-10-2008, 01:02 AM
Blimey well it's nearly two in the morning can't sleep cos of the acheing and run out of pain killers.

Well peeeed off aswell as no sign of the tooth fairy I clearly remember getting a shilling the last time I lost a back tooth - I admit I have moved a few times since then but still it's been over fifteen years since my last change of address - I mean they visited my son and daughter , must be something to do with the credit crunch?

Thanks for the kind words peeps glad I ain't the only one today in a little bit of pain I thought man flu was bad enough but this beats it hands down.

I counted 6 types of pliers being used in the extraction and it looked like she was really gentle at the time - How wrong I must of been.