PDA

View Full Version : I had a great ride on Saturday afternoon.

J.P
20-10-2008, 11:11 AM
I took the chance on Saturday afternoon to have a nice whip round the East Sussex / West Kent border. Took the Triumph Sprint as it's a bit easier on the country roads vs the firmer setup of my S4R. Though not as much fun.

Anyway, I took a ride from the Oakdene Cafe in Wrotham through Borough Green and Seal
on the A25, turning south on to the B2042 through Ide Hill. Now if you've never been down Ide Hill it's bloody fantastic, and I turned around and did it a couple of times, fast, (though quite a few Police doing BikeSafe were around ).
Once finished with that I took the road as far as Edenbridge and joined the B2026 going south through Hartfield and the Ashdown Forest, then stopping for quick rest at the junction of Black Hill and the B2188 where I then started to head north again.
Up the B2188 through Groombridge, Fordcombe and onto Penshurst (lovely pubs there).
Then a bit of town work through Tonbridge on the A26 before turning off on to the A227 north through Shipbourne (lovely pub there called The Chase Inn).
So back upto Borough Green on the A25 before turning back onto London Road and a cup-o-tea at the Oakdene after I'd thrashed my way through the countryside.

All went without incident, apart from the back wheel tucking in round one tight corner and almost letting go before I caught it. I must remember to get some STICKIER rubber fitted next year.

Well worth a run that way.
:yoparty:

Albie
20-10-2008, 12:26 PM
You should have told us. Could have joined you. Yep nice area to ride. I drive that way every week between Tonbidge/sevenoaks/tun wells/ crowborough and east grinstead.

J.P
20-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Yes Albs, you're right I should have done, but I didn't want to imbarass you by riding my Triumph and being sooo quiet. I'll remember next time.

Albie
20-10-2008, 12:55 PM
You pussy. Nowt wrong with triumph triples. Nice sound imho:thumbsup:

J.P
20-10-2008, 01:00 PM
They're a problem when they try and flop over round a corner.
And I need to have a look at the suspension, a bit too much jolt on bumps.
Or maybe that's just my lardy ar*e.