PDA

View Full Version : raising clocks

DANNY WRIDE
19-10-2008, 08:53 PM
i want to raise my clocks by bout 10mm so i can move my alien back bit anyone know where can some of the bolts only longer an some spacers please im useless at this stuff

Albie
19-10-2008, 08:59 PM
I actually lowered mine as I removed the rubber centred studs and replaced with some I think M5 stud which were stainless bolts from B&Q. You may be able to do a similar reversed procedure by adding some tap washers to raise it up. BTW I have an Alien road race fairing.

DANNY WRIDE
19-10-2008, 10:23 PM
I actually lowered mine as I removed the rubber centred studs and replaced with some I think M5 stud which were stainless bolts from B&Q. You may be able to do a similar reversed procedure by adding some tap washers to raise it up. BTW I have an Alien road race fairing.

it was urs tht gave me idea but couldnt find exact one will post pic of mine soon as work out how lol

slob
20-10-2008, 08:02 AM
The rubber bushes on an SS are about 5mm longer (same studs, 5mm more rubber in the midde) if that helps.

Albie
20-10-2008, 09:58 AM
The rubber bushes on an SS are about 5mm longer (same studs, 5mm more rubber in the midde) if that helps.
You are a wise old owl. You must eat parts manuals.:woot:

slob
20-10-2008, 06:31 PM
You are a wise old owl. You must eat parts manuals.

LOL, no but somene offfered me some SS ones when I snapped one of mine, whilst changing yokes, I declined and sought the right part, though it stuck in my memory.