PDA

View Full Version : Db Killers

rollo22
17-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Any ideas where to purchase db killers for Termis.

Need them for track days TOOOOOOOOOO Loud:) at the moment

retskcid
17-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Any ideas where to purchase db killers for Termis.

Need them for track days TOOOOOOOOOO Loud:) at the moment

Loads on ebay (and different types), I have yet to fit mine but be careful because I trial fitted mine and they didnt seem to make much difference.

JerryXt
20-10-2008, 10:27 AM
I got some adjustable ones made by Mark at MHP for my track bike - 98db and 3 bhp loss at the top - 137 rather than 140. I can live with that, so I just leave them in and have never adjusted them. I believe the only place I'd have problems with 98db is Assen...

Some I've heard about have such an effect that they can cause problems starting the bike.

Bodybag
20-10-2008, 10:50 AM
I got some adjustable ones made by Mark at MHP for my track bike - 98db and 3 bhp loss at the top - 137 rather than 140. I can live with that, so I just leave them in and have never adjusted them. I believe the only place I'd have problems with 98db is Assen...

Some I've heard about have such an effect that they can cause problems starting the bike.

That'll be http://200mhp.co.uk/default.aspx. :D

Tell him Bodybag sent you and you'll get absolutely no discount at all. ;-) lol

JerryXt
20-10-2008, 11:30 AM
That'll be http://200mhp.co.uk/default.aspx. :D

Tell him Bodybag sent you and you'll get absolutely no discount at all. ;-) lol

:chuckle:

How's the course going?

Bodybag
20-10-2008, 11:59 AM
:chuckle:

How's the course going?

Very well thanks. Such a welcome change from the monotony of IT!! :D

spike748
20-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Are these MHP db killers MOT legal? Just wondered if I can get away with these on my S4 Termis or if I have to revert back to the standard cans?

Bodybag
20-10-2008, 11:56 PM
Are these MHP db killers MOT legal? Just wondered if I can get away with these on my S4 Termis or if I have to revert back to the standard cans?

There's no noise emissions test on the MOT. The only thing the tester is obliged to do is ensure that the cans are marked for road use. You could, in theory empty all the wadding from your standard cans, as long as they say "For Road Use" they'll pass the MOT. So I wouldn't contemplate baffles for the MOT. Iif you're running Termi race cans then in theory you'll fail the MOT even with baffles in. Baffles are only really used for track days where there's a noise limit and for people who use their bike a lot and don't always want the deafening din of a set of open Termignonis. Although why anybody would deliberately mute that noise is beyond me!! :D

retskcid
21-10-2008, 05:54 AM
No problem MOTing my Termi race cans :thumbsup:

Bodybag
21-10-2008, 12:03 PM
It's all down to the MOT test station as to whether they check the cans or not. :D