PDA

View Full Version : Council joiner building a fence. i need a council job

alreadyinuse
17-10-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm sitting upstairs in the office at my folks house watching a council joiner repairing 30ft of wooden fencing at the school.
He started on monday.
and in that time he has taken down all the old bits but on monday he had a helper, fitted new batons (6 of)to the concrete posts. and fitted 6 5m long horizontal slats. so he done 20ft just go t10ft to go
He'll finish at 2 on a friday so thats his weeks work.
I bet hes out on sunday for the double time.

Scott1
17-10-2008, 01:09 PM
I work for the Council and there's seriousley something wrong here, that bloke is working far too hard, he must be new.

Nonnie
17-10-2008, 01:40 PM
I work for the council too and concur with Scott1.

Infact I'm so shocked I think I need a break now. Where's my free Sports and Leisure card?!

fatbloke
17-10-2008, 02:36 PM
i dont work for the council but would like to it seems very nice

slob
17-10-2008, 03:02 PM
We have Thames Water (Murphy contractors) outside our office replacing water pipes, the third time in a year they've dug this steet up for Thames, replacing appox 1 ft. of pipe a day for the last 5 weeks 3 guys read The Sun while 1 more makes a lot of noise but does almost no work for 4 hours a day, 4 days a week. Oh and they've closed 2 Motorcyles Only bays so they can park the plant they're not using... and they can't be sued because apparently it's essential maintenance.