PDA

View Full Version : Weighted bar-ends?

Space Cadet
15-10-2008, 11:42 AM
What’s the idea of the bar-ends with weights in them, presume they must dampen vibration, but are they for racing bikes, or moto-cross etc?

Would I want to fit them to my M620?

(Have seen a set of lovely Rizoma Racing Bar End Weights)

scrapps
15-10-2008, 12:06 PM
yep they help with bar control esp when hard on the gas. i dont have them and never found i have needed them on my 620 or 900 monster.not got them on the trackday bike but if you are going to push the bike hard spend the dosh on a steering damper.

Space Cadet
15-10-2008, 02:03 PM
It’s just that some of the bar-ends are just bar-ends and some are classed as weighted bar-ends, they pretty much all the look the same!?

Wondered what the real difference was.

I enquired when I bought the bike as to whether it would ever need a damper and apparently the power (or lack of it) on a 620 would never mean it would need one.

squiffything
15-10-2008, 03:25 PM
You could have a look at these

http://www.solocorse.co.uk/bike-accessories.php

not to expensive and the guy who runs the site rides in the DD series he will advise you if they would be of use to you likewise the steering damper situation aswell just ask for David and tell him Squiffy sent you

CK & AK
15-10-2008, 03:55 PM
I enquired when I bought the bike as to whether it would ever need a damper and apparently the power (or lack of it) on a 620 would never mean it would need one.

Having raced the 600's & 620's over the past 3 years and moved onto the M800's this year, I can honestly say that only once on track did we ever need a steering damper on the 620 (and never on the 600). The damper was needed for Cadwell with a National licence holder on, otherwise it was never put into use anywhere else, so I doubt you'd ever need one on the road:) We only fitted them to the M800's mid season once the tracks warmed up a bit.
Save your money for a better rear shock or better springs in the forks (IMHO)

C:)

Space Cadet
15-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Crossed wires I think - I didn’t say that I was ever going to get one. Being new to biking, but having seen the dampers, I enquired when I bought my bike whether it would be worth fitting one and was told no at the time, so I’m not looking for one now.

Bought some Rizoma weighted bar-ends in the end just because they looked better than the plain normal version.